Lubrizol Assembly Operator in Franklin, Wisconsin
The Assembly Operator is primarily responsible for performing secondary operations that may include adding subcomponents to specific products, cut and punch, wash and pack and silk screening. Specific jobs within Assembly include: Silk Screen, Wash & Pack, Cut & Punch, Springs, Allergen Cell, Assembly & Packaging.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Perform specific assembly operation as explained on the router/process guide. This may include simple silk screening, gluing of balloons, inserting valves, cut and punch and wash and pack.
• Visual inspection of the operation you are working on along with ensuring that rejects are not passed on to the employee, nor is the employee passing them on to another operation. Rejects are based on the applicable standards.
• Accurate data collection on/in routers, QAD (or similar ERP system), Factivity (or similar labor manufacturing software), daily production tickets, time clocks and any other forms used in the specific area.
• Weigh/count parts to ensure accurate counting.
• Verify equipment/tools/materials used per work order/process guide.
• Understand and follow the instructions per applicable router for the specific job.
• Ensure the quality of the product meets the specifications listed on the router.
• Understand and follow the SOP’s pertaining to the specific area.
• Understand and follow the Work Instructions pertaining to the specific area.
• Other duties as assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF MARGINAL DUTIES:
• Observe and promote Company standards and policies on safety, quality and productivity.
• Understand Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in medical device and clean room environment
• Support and observe 5S and other lean manufacturing methodologies.
• Restock supplies for next shift as well as supplies that are needed to keep the assembly line running during the shift being worked.
• Additional housekeeping beyond the standardized and routine cleaning.
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
HIRING GUIDELINES: (To perform job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required/preferred).
• Successful completion of four-years of high school, or equivalent.
• Up to and including three months of experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Mechanical ability (preferred).
• Excellent (written and verbal) communication and effective human interaction skills.
• Flexible to change, and possess a high degree level of integrity and “can do attitude”.
• Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
• Able to convert units of measurement, add, subtract multiplication and division.
• Able to use/read a ruler.
• Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases “occasionally”, “frequently” and “constantly” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 33% of working time, “frequently” means between 34%-66% of working time, and “constantly” means 67% and more of working time. Additionally vision requirement definitions are as follows: close vision-clear vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision—clear vision at 20 feet or more, color vision-ability to identify and distinguish colors, peripheral vision-ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, depth perception-three-dimensional vision-ability to judge distances and spatial relationships and ability to focus—ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus ).
This physical demand level for this job is considered light with occasionally lifting up to 10 pounds. Exposure to lifting more than 10 pounds is rare (if ever).
During assembly work, employee will constantly be exposed to use hands to finger/handle/touch with frequent exposure to static standing/sitting. The employee will occasionally be exposed to dynamic standing/walking and use foot/feet to operate machine. Rarely (if ever) will the employee be subject to push/pulling, floor to knuckle lift/lower, knuckle to shoulder lift/lower, shoulder to overhead lift/lower, sustained bending, climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders or repetitive bending or squatting.
The following vision requirements apply: close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities).
The employee will occasionally be exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles or risk of electrical shock with rare(if ever) exposure to wet/humid conditions, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold or heat (non-weather) or travel on company business. The noise level is considered quiet (library, private office).
The employee will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as: safety glasses in the designated areas, hairnet/beardnet and jumpsuit when on the production floor, gloves when required and earplugs when required.
The employee will occasionally use QAD/Factivity (or similar ERP or labor/material reporting software), microscope (up to 20x), Mantis inspection scope (4x-8x—or similar equipment), 3x inspection lamp/lens, various fixtures, weigh counting/other electronic scales and time clock.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Assembly, Electrical, Equipment Operator, Inspector, ERP, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Technology