Lubrizol Territory Manager, CPVC Piping Systems in Atlanta, Georgia
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, US, 30301
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems and Materials
The world leader in CPVC resins and compounds with proven performance - since 1959.
This will be a work-from-home position based in the Atlanta, GA area.
We have career opportunity for a Territory Manager in the Southeastern US territory supporting our TempRite® CPVC group.
The purpose of this unique role is to develop and create additional demand for Lubrizol’s products via Account Management (Contractors, Distribution), Opportunity Management (Engineers, Distribution, Building Construction Projects), training and consulting on Lubrizol’s products. The Demand Creation Territory Manager will execute on Sales Activities in a territory and/or market segment(s) so that our direct customers’ sales increase. Moreover, this role is key in influencing the long term strategic business plans based on their insights into the marketplace. This role is not direct sales – more consultative than transactional.
What will you do:
- Account Management with Contractors, Distribution, and our licensee sellers – maximize the long term value of select customers. Consulting service, support, training, and opportunity management
- Opportunity Management – generating awareness with engineers, securing specifications, driving contractor/distribution conversions, and new construction project wins
- Territory Management – developing and execute on Individual Territory Plans that allocate effort efficient across different types of customer to optimize our business growth profile
- Close collaboration with Marketing on development and execution of our go-to-market strategies
- Sponsor product educational events and activities to build interest and demand for Lubrizol’s products.
- Attend and support trade shows and conferences to promote the benefits of Lubrizol’s products, both via educational events and those that are customer-oriented.
- Responsive to the customers’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Present to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
- Assist with written proposal in response to customer’s RFP, and coordinate all information from the different disciplines and arrange the formal response.
- Develop a thorough understanding of technology, formulations, applications, and performance requirements in the focus market segments
- Study specific technical platforms, patents and formulation habits of key customers in the segment to supplement knowledge of current practices and market trends
What you need to be successful:
- Minimum degree in a technical discipline (Engineering degree preferred) OR in ln lieu of degree, experience of 10 years or more is required.
- Must have technical experience, preferably applications or product development experience.
- Must have sales, marketing, and/or business development experience (Plumbing/HVAC products preferred)
- Ability to travel domestically (40-60%)
- Demonstrated abilities and successes in implementing new product, solution, technology and value selling programs
- Excellent sales and communication skills, as demonstrated by the ability to develop and deliver professional presentations
- Effective as an advocate and consultant
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
Learn about all the cool things we do by watching our Being Essential video!
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Atlanta </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Field Sales, Consulting, Business Development, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Sales, Technology, Research, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/525780100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>