Lubrizol Human Resources Generalist in Avon Lake, Ohio
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio, US, 44012
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Lubrizol is currently looking for an energetic, creative and motivated HR Generalist to join our Avon Lake Facility HR team. If providing a wide range of HR support at a dynamic, growing and fast-moving specialty chemical plant interests you, this is the ideal position!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and support a culture where safety is a core value and personal accountability drives results.
- Work with the HR team to provide complete employee life cycle generalist support to Lubrizol’s Avon Lake facility.
- Assist in all areas of compensation and benefits administration.
- Engage in full-cycle Talent Acquisition activities, identifying and hiring talented team members for all Avon Lake roles.
- Facilitate employee performance and career management program process to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization. Promote the opportunity for a formal discussion by employees and their supervisors to review overall work performance, objectives, and career development.
- Work with managers on workforce planning, including annual talent reviews to develop succession plans and Individual Development Plans for employees.
- Assist in developing and conducting various training programs as required. Actively participate in training of front line supervisors.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance with Federal, State and local laws.
- Give counsel, advice and guidance to staff, supervision and management on legal and regulated matters to assure the company complies with various regulatory agencies and guidelines (OSHA, EEOC, etc.)
- Conduct employee investigations as necessary.
- Provide appropriate communications and support within the organization to address general HR-related questions and respond to inquiries.
- Build relationships and establish trust with internal customers. Positively influence and assist them with HR related questions and concerns. Promote employee understanding of programs, policies, and procedures, helping to build and sustain positive employee morale.
- Serve as key point of contact for coordination of company-sponsored employee engagement and recognition programs and activities.
- Participate in HR projects/teams as requested. Continuously improve internal processes, procedures and organizational systems.
- Partner in and support cross-functional projects with other staff and operational departments.
- Actively develop self to stay abreast of new internal processes, procedures, and systems. Attend annual externally-led professional development session to ensure understanding of current employment laws and regulations and HR best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum two years of human resources experience.
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, principles, processes and regulations.
- Experience partnering/consulting with all levels of the organization including coaching, influencing and expressing sound judgment when making decisions.
- Solid negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as facilitation experience.
- Demonstrate behaviors that the organization values: people-oriented/good human relations skills; respectful, high integrity, honest, team player.
- Self-motivated, proactive with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, “high energy” team-orientated environment.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, a sense of urgency, attention to detail, commitment and follow-through while maintaining confidentiality and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written/verbal/listening) and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in all aspects of the job.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications, HRIS).
Considered a Plus:
- HRCI / SHRM certification(s).
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting mutiple shifts of employees
- Education in a business-related field.
- Primary work will be in an office environment but engagement with employees in the plant is required.
- Must be willing/able to perform duties and responsibilities in a chemical manufacturing environment as needed.
- Must be willing/able to be exposed to inclement weather while moving throughout the plant during the work day.
- Safely work independently and around others by following all required procedures.
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">HR, Law, Consulting, Equity, HR Generalist, Human Resources, Legal, Technology, Finance </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/517941000/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>