Lubrizol Maintenance Planner in Avon Lake, Ohio
Location: Avon Lake, Ohio, US, 44012
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Summary: Mechanical Maintenance Planner works in advance of a Work Order (WO) being scheduled to plan the labor and material and/or contracted resources required to complete the work as safely and efficiently as possible. The desired result of the planner’s efforts is the elimination of waste during the performance of the work (within the job) resulting in the continuous improvement of the efficiency and quality of the maintenance service provided.
WO preparation, scope and data integrity:
- Reviews WO (notifications) from customers; verifies the accuracy, clarity and scope of requested work. Adds additional information needed for maintenance database such as problem code, or work order type.
- Provided feedback to WO writers regarding correct and required information on WO’s; provide training as required.
- Analyzes the requested work and determines the best method of WO execution, considering due date, materials needed (verify in stock or on order), priority, resources and availability of equipment; special craft certifications.
- Layout the best method for proper execution of the job, by analyzing the basic job steps and safety requirements, in sequence along with the resources needed.
- Estimates the total cost (labor and materials) of the WO and ensures that the work is properly authorized by Operations customers
- Add planned work requirements into SAP
- Prepare parts required for the efficient execution of the planned job, by kitting stores or ordered parts in advance of the job execution
WO procedures and documentation:
- Work plan development: Prepares basic sketches; obtains install/operating manuals (or makes available appropriate information/documentation for the scope of work); anticipates materials requirements and/or assures parts are available; identify special tool requirements; permitting needs
- Identifies any potential hazards or circumstances that require preliminary or subsequent work precautions (e.g. lockout/tagout, line breaks, hot work, confined space...) and specifies them on the maintenance order.
- Ensures that all required materials are correctly requisitioned and available for delivery or pick-up in coordination with the work schedules.
- Prepare Bill Of Material for specific equipment utilizing the BOM features in SAP.
- Prepares work procedures for select repetitive Preventive and Repair jobs on the macro level, and more detailed as required. (for example: a product changeover or specific repair that requires the same parts and contracted resources each occurance)
Shutdown Planning and Coordination:
- Work closely with operations, crew supervisor, to plan preventive maintenance opportunities, shutdowns and or other major or special maintenance work.
- Arrange for contracted resources required for shutdowns as required.
- Document the planning details in a format that can be utilized on future shutdown plans
WO followup and continuous improvement:
- Reviews completed maintenance orders for craftsmen comments; determines correct followup activitives specific to comments
- Identify specific improvements based on the WO execution experience, so that the next WO opportunity is a better, more efficient and effective event.
- Continuously improve the post job information provided by craftsmen for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide CMMS administration for optimum application to site maintenance planning, spare parts management, and maintenance metrics data collection and reporting.
- Ensure change control for related work orders and all required work permits have been approved prior to scheduling work.
- Initiate stores stocking requests and deletion of obsolete parts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Desired Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- 10 years of experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment (or equivalent relevant industrial experience) in a mechanical maintenance design role.
- Knowledge and proficiency with: Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook (e-mail), Internet Explorer, CMMS (SAP plant maintenance and procurement module), and ability to read PID’s, machine assembly prints.
- Must possess a detailed understanding of the function and workings of utility and process; equipment and systems, repairs, maintenance, construction, and awareness of energy source hazards within a manufacturing facility.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job: planning, reviewing, and completing documentation, and scheduling resources (manpower, tools, equipment, parts).
- Demonstrated excellent organizational techniques in order to deal with the large volume of work, the complexity of some jobs, and the limited resources available during some periods.
- Proficient project management experience in construction, unit turnarounds.
Considered A Plus:
- Experience and knowledge about repair of rotating equipment, mechanical power transmission equipmment, industrial chemical batch and continuous processes, mechanical seals for agitators and shafts
- Associates degree or other certification in a mechanical design or related field
- Must be willing/able to work in a plant environment and occasionally outdoors in inclement weather.
- Willing/able to work off hours/weekends, as required.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Maintenance, ERP, Chemical Research, Procurement, SAP, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Operations </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/559073200/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>