Lubrizol Director, Business Development in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US, 18017
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Particle Sciences, A Lubrizol Company is the leading CDMO for complex formulation development for the pharmaceutical industry, with over 20 years of successful experience and a solid base of clients ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies to small VC backed start-ups. As a member of the Particle Sciences, Inc. team, you will be working for a company that is engaged in important, exciting, and socially relevant projects. Particle Sciences is a fast-paced environment that features a variety of projects, technical challenges, and opportunities for growth. To learn more about Particle Sciences, A Lubrizol Company, visit www.particlesciences.com and https://www.lubrizol.com/Life-Sciences.
Particle Sciences, Inc. in Bethlehem, PA has an immediate opening for Director of Business Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing business development expertise to grow PSI’s pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical CDMO business, including the fast growing contract manufacturing business.
- Negotiating, tracking and finalizing contracts for development services and manufacturing, including supply agreements for the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical business. Work collaboratively with PSI’s contract manager and Lubrizol assigned attorneys in drafting and finalizing these agreements as we negotiate with partners.
- Independently writing and securing development and manufacturing proposals for clients.
- Identifying, securing and assisting in the management of commercial collaborations with clients in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical fields and if appropriate, the licensure of technologies.
- Building relationships, company reputation and market awareness by writing publications and/or giving public presentations in the field.
- The preferred candidate will be experienced with bringing in new business for a commercial drug product facility and has experience with partnerships/profit-sharing deals. A strong preference will be for the candidate to be experienced and familiar with sterile manufacturing and the services associated with these.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient technical understanding of complex products/processes
- Proficient understanding of commercial manufacturing processes and the pricing strategies with them along with sterile/aseptic commercial CDMO business development and sales
- Proven track record, deep industry relationships, understand drug development life-cycle and has done business development for clinical manufacturing as well, can think outside the box and be creative, and expertise in CMC is a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication and analytical skills are required.
- BS/PharmD in Pharmacy, Engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry, with at least 5 years of experience in business development, is required.
- Business knowledge and experience as related to business development operations/activities
- Knowledge with 10+ years’ experience in business and contract negotiation.
- Proficiency with common PC based applications and specifically in the use of MS Office is required.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical and business information, both oral and written to others, including co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients, and vendors.
- Intermediate mathematical skills, including: algebraic functions, statistics (mean, median, standard deviation, variance, probability), basic geometry (area, volume calculations), and scientific calculators are required.
- Ability to work varied and extended hours/days, as business dictates, is required.
Particle Sciences’ headquarters is located in Bethlehem, PA, part of the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania. Lehigh Valley includes the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. The region is slightly over an hour to both Philadelphia and New York City, which places you right in the action. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, the Lehigh Valley is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, ski resorts, museums, casinos, shopping, restaurants, sports and nightlife. From the yearly Musikfest festival, to skiing in the Poconos, to hiking or biking through the many state parks, you can make it happen right here in the Lehigh Valley.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Allentown </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Business Development, Manager, Biotech, Engineer, Sales, Management, Science, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/531409800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>