Lubrizol Applications Engineer in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Lubrizol Life Science Health is a new and rapidly growing business segment within the Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company. We are a total solutions provider for medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, offering customized solutions including innovative materials, excipients, drug formulation development, and best-in-class contract manufacturing. It is our vision to become the preferred contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) for complex pharmaceuticals and innovative medical devices providing differentiated polymers and excipients, along with state-of-the-art design, development, and manufacturing services to the healthcare industry.
Lubrizol Life Science Health is currently hiring an Applications Engineer for our Medical Polymer R&D team. Our Medical Polymers business unit provides the medical device market with thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) which are regarded for their biocompatibility, strength, and processing versatility. It will be the engineer’s primary responsibility to enhance our understanding of the structure-property relationships of our broad portfolio of TPUs. The job will be located at our Center of Excellence for Medical Polymers, featuring a new state-of-the-art applications lab, in Brecksville, Ohio.
- Develop mechanical test methods that measure performance characteristics of polymers, medical devices, and medical device components.
- Build structure-property relationships models of our polymers by relating mechanical performance to polymer structure and device component design.
- Support engineering efforts for both internal R&D projects as well as customer driven contract development projects.
- Proactively maintain a safe working environment by ensuring conformance to company and industry safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, polymer science/engineering, biomedical engineering, plastics engineering, chemical engineering, or related degree.
- Lab experience developing methods for measuring mechanical properties of materials.
- Basic software skills including Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident.
- Results driven attitude and a passion for learning.
- Familiarity with ISO and ASTM standards for medical device testing and development.
- Experience with basic polymer analytical methods, e.g. mechanical testing, melt flow index, GPC, DSC, DMA, FTIR.
- Experience with thermal and solvent processing of polymers.
- CAD experience, e.g. SolidWorks.
- Finite element analysis.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Application Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Developer, Chemical Research, Engineering, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/564168600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>