Lubrizol Chemistry Summer Internship 2019 - Performance Coatings in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Chemistry Summer Internship: Performance Coatings
A day in the life
- Work with Applications chemists to prepare paints and coating formulations which can be used to measure various performance characteristics. To help develop our understanding of structure-property relationships or formulation parameters.
- Conduct testing on paint and coatings formulas, assessing their physical properties and the effect on the end use.
- Assist in tabulating, interpreting and communicating the results to the team and customers, making observations to help differentiate between materials.
- Follow safe laboratory procedures to prepare recipes.
- Accurately record data in the laboratory notebook.
- Communicate the results and finding to the supervisor and give progress reports to technical managers.
Who are we looking for?
- Academic Major: currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation date on or after August 2019.
- Some familiarity with polymer and organic chemistry
- Some experience in following god laboratory practices and methods, to a high standard. (e.g. Organic Chemistry Lab)
- Good communicator and interpersonal skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during the summer of 2019 in Brecksville, Ohio
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Benefits of Lubrizol’s Chemistry Internship Programs:
- Rewarding your hard work!
- Competitive pay
- Holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period
- Tuition reimbursement assistance during work sessions
- Housing assistance and relocation assistance is offered to students with a permanent residence that is 35 miles or more from their assigned work location(s)
- FUN! We host a variety of events and activities for our students. Past events include a Cleveland Indians game, paid volunteering days, and even a picnic hosted by our CEO!
- Grow professionally. All interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops and interns are doing.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Organic Chemistry, Chemical Research, Intern, Coating, Chemical Engineer, Science, Engineering, Entry Level, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/509848400/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>