Lubrizol Chemistry Summer Internship 2019 - Personal, Home and Health Care in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Chemistry Summer Internship: Personal, Health and Home Care
This internship is for rising sophomores, juniors or seniors with passion for science and how it relates to consumers daily lives. You will be part of the science behind putting together and testing the performance of everyday formulations like shampoos, lotions, skin cleansers and laundry detergents. Some science laboratory experience is required for this position
A day in the life
- Work with research scientists to prepare and develop new chemical products and/or formulations
- Assist in developing structure-performance relationships
- Conduct testing following provided procedures
- Document, interpret and accurately record data in the laboratory notebook
- Communicate results to colleagues, sponsors and customers and give progress reports to groups of scientists
- Follow safe laboratory practices
Who are we looking for?
- Student currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physics, polymer engineering, chemical engineering or biomedical engineering degree at an accredited college/university with a graduation date on or after August 2019.
- Some experience in synthetic organic / polymer chemistry laboratory techniques
- Some knowledge of spectroscopic and chromatographic analytical methods
- Knowledge of basic chemical calculations (formula weights, stoichiometry, etc…)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during the summer of 2019 in Brecksville, Ohio
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Must not require sponsorship for this position now and/or in the future
Benefits of Lubrizol’s Chemistry Internship Programs:
- Rewarding your hard work!
- Competitive pay
- Holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period
- Housing assistance is offered to students with a permanent residence that is 50 miles or more from their assigned work location(s)
- FUN! We host a variety of events and activities for our students. Past events include a Cleveland Indians game, paid volunteering days, and even a picnic hosted by our CEO!
- Grow professionally. All interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops are doing.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Research, Developer, Engineer, Science, Engineering, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/519715500/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>