Lubrizol Credit Collections Analyst in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
This position is accountable to proactively manage North American accounts receivable to minimize risk and receive payments as timely as possible to provide optimal cash flow and ensure accurate valuation of the accounts receivable asset.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect customer receivable balances including past due amounts in accordance with terms of sale
- Work with customers to proactively identify and resolve potential collection issues
- Review and release customer orders
- Resolve claims (deductions/short payments/unpaid invoices) in a timely manner through communication with internal departments and/or external customers
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Process new account set-ups, including credit/risk assessment of customers to assign credit limits and risk ranking
- Adhere to all credit policies
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business (finance, accounting or other related field)
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to investigate and communicate system transactions
- Ability to interpret and navigate ambiguous situations and conclude appropriate course of action
- Solid work ethic (self-starter and highly motivated)
- Excellent positive, professional demeanor with emphasis on interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook/Excel)
Considered a plus:
- Previous experience in Credit/Collections function
- SAP experience
Interested in all the great benefits that Lubrizol has to offer? Click Here to Learn About all of Our Benefits!
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Credit Analyst, Credit, ERP, Developer, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/550866100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>