Lubrizol Fiber Line Technician (Plastics Processing) in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
R&D Assistant Fiber Line and Industrial
The position will be based in Brecksville, OH. This position’s primary responsibility will be that of fiber line technician for mono and multi-filament fiber, processing, downstream processing (knitting, dyeing, heat-setting) and testing. Secondary responsibility would be of Industrial Technician for extrusion, sample preparation and testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up and run experiments on mono and multi-filament fiber lines.
- Maintain and upkeep both fiber lines and the process room.
- Maintain and order spare-parts and lab supply whenever needed.
- Coordinate raw material flows and keep all areas visitor ready.
- Coordinate sample shipments and maintain/stage incoming materials for the process.
- Complete downstream processing (knitting, dyeing, heat-setting etc.) and testing (tensile, heat aging, etc.).
- Complete and document tests via computer software such as Excel or Power Point and database systems.
- Run small extrusion line and compression molding machine to prepare samples for testing.
- Submit samples for testing into ChemTestinfo and coordinate with measurement science for completion of testing.
- Self-management of work schedule based on priority and logistics.
- Proactively maintain a safe working environment and good housekeeping in lab areas.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Ability to participate in a small team shift environment for 24 hour operation/12h shift. (Estimated 20-30 weeks on shift/year)
- A minimum of a high school diploma and at least 3 years (5 preferred) of experience in plastics extrusion or related technology.
- Ability to maintain, modify and repair different types of extrusion and winding equipment.
- Ability to think through problems, identify root causes, then propose and test solution to those problems
- Ability to develop and run tests, report results and draw conclusions.
- Ability to keep detailed records and observations using MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to assist in other lab areas as needed.
Considered a Plus:
- Good knowledge of plastics processing and equipment
- Experience with fibers, fabrics and finish application methods
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Technician, Maintenance, Chemical Research, Supply, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Research, Operations </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/554459700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>