Lubrizol Global Business Manager in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
As Global Business Manager for Lubrizol Life Science, you will be responsible for leading the sales, technical marketing, and product management functions of our Medical Polymers and Device Development Services organization. You will have accountability for establishing and achieving current and future growth targets through the development and execution of commercial strategies aligned with the global vision, disciplined P&L management, and a strong focus on team development and organizational sustainability.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement the overall business strategy, including comprehensive marketing plans (4 P’s) within priority segments to achieve or maintain leadership position.
- Lead the business team on a day-to-day basis, fostering good communication, teamwork, and strategic alignment while instilling a culture of urgency and accountability for financial results.
- Strengthen team performance and sustainability through employee development and external talent recruitment.
- Set priorities for internal support functions, including communications, production, and R&D, to ensure immediate and strategic business objectives are met.
- Closely monitor financial results, demonstrating a strong understanding of performance drivers and taking decisive action to achieve result commitments.
- Establish strong relationships with industry experts and customers, proactively supporting the commercial team in identifying new opportunities and expanding our value proposition and market influence.
What You Will Need
- Minimum 10 years of broad cross-functional experience in the areas of business management, strategic marketing, sales management, and/or product management in a B2B environment.
- Preference for experience in medical devices, polymers, and specialty chemicals sectors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in science, business, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated success in building positive relationships across multiple internal functions and geographic regions.
- Experienced in negotiating with senior level commercial and technical decision makers.
- History of successful of employee management and development.
- Willing to travel up to 40%, mostly domestic.
Click Here to Learn About all of Our Benefits!
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Developer, Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Manager, Advertising, Technology, Management, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/567375800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>