Lubrizol Global Strategic Marketing Manager in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Strategic Marketing Manager (SMM) is accountable for identifying trends, analyzing markets, and defining a comprehensive long-term strategic plan for Lubrizol’s medical polymers and development services. Reporting directly to the Global Business Director, the SMM will also lead the overall effort in defining the product development, M&A, strategic partnership, and technology licensing plans in support of the strategic plan to deliver sustained, profitable growth in line with short and long-term growth targets.
This position may be located in Brecksville Ohio or Munich (Rosenheim) Germany.
Essential Job Functions
- Acquire a deep understanding the implantable medical device market and outlook through primary and secondary research, including direct customer engagement.
- Prioritize and select high value markets for our long-term focus, defining the comprehensive marketing strategies to achieve and retain differentiated, leadership positions.
- Proactively monitor and report on industry trends and activities, making necessary revisions to the strategic plan.
- Function as the commercial sponsor of high priority product development and services initiatives, defining business cases to justify investments. In collaboration with R&D and operations leaders, identify gaps in our capabilities and implement capital improvement plans to address.
- Develop a company acquisition plan to enable the realization of the long-term business objectives. Support the corporate M&A team in due diligence, market research, technology assessment, and negotiations.
- In close collaboration with Lubrizol R&D, commercial, and IP teams, enhance our awareness of emerging, differentiated technologies and the strength and breadth of our external industry networks. Find and develop external partnerships, including technology exchanges and licensing agreements.
- Lead the annual global strategic planning process, collaborating with regional leaders to understand, organize, and communicate the comprehensive medical polymers and development services 5-year strategy.
- Provide strong leadership to a team of direct and/or indirect reports composed of marketing, sales, and technical members.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Minimum of 15 years of commercial, technology, or consulting in the implantable medical device or implantable medical materials markets, including experience in:
- Market research, analysis, and insights
- Strategic marketing planning
- Product development planning
- Stage gate process
- Merger and Acquisition strategies
- Regulatory processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, chemistry, or engineering
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Outstanding facilitation, communication, and influence skill across all organizational levels
- Willing to travel up to 40%, domestic and international
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, Consulting, Law, Developer, Marketing, Engineering, Technology, Legal </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/552186300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>