Lubrizol HR Manager in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
- Delivers programs, training, processes, compensation, and systems needed to achieve the business objectives.
- Manages HR programs, processes, systems including incentive nominations, salary planning, performance management, talent reviews, etc..
- Supports managers managing performance issues.
- Supports high potential employees on development plans and career paths.
- Handles ethics and employee relations investigations. Escalates as needed legal issues of consequence to the Sr. HR BP.
- Proactively suggests, implements activities for each group based on varying needs.
- Interviews candidates and assists with manager/employee onboarding
- Handles general inquiries such as benefits, pay changes, etc.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, SHRM certification a plus
- 7+ years of HR experience including compensation, training, recruiting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Microsoft Office expertise including Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly resourceful and flexible in accomplishing tasks and solving problems; self-starter
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and/or time constraints yet maintain accuracy in work output
- Ability to travel up to 15%
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Developer, HR Manager, Manager, Employee Relations, HR, Technology, Human Resources, Management </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/522822900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>