Lubrizol Marketing Communications Manager in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Marketing Communications Manager supports Lubrizol’s business by developing and executing communication plans that support strategic business initiatives. This role acts as the central point of contact for communication initiatives and manages projects from concept to completion. As such, they must be able to conceptualize, drive, and articulate creative and strategic recommendations in a highly consultative manner while ensuring execution across a wide range of media channels. They will also develop and execute the business’s digital media strategies which is key to supporting business growth. They must be able to work both regionally and globally as their internal clients are located throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Works closely with Global Business Directors (Medical Device and Pharma) on development of communications strategy; writing and presenting clear, effective, logically structured communication plans (including annual activities calendar) that support business goals on a regional and global level
- Develops and executes the business’s digital media strategy while monitoring to keep pace with developing trends and supporting regional/global digital marketing efforts with a center-of-excellence led approach
- Provides content marketing direction and support to communicate LLS’s brand promise, industry thought leadership, and advocacy positions via a variety of digital channels
- Creates and maintains best-in-class internal and external experiences via websites and other interactive channels to maximize lead generation using search engine optimization and other tactics
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of all tradeshow deliverables (e.g. press releases, graphics, messages, booth design, etc.)
- Measures and reports performance of all marketing campaigns, assessing performance against goals, costs per outcome and insights that can be applied to future programming using a solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google)
- Develops annual MarComm budget, working with inputs from all regions reporting spending vs. budget on a quarterly basis
- Serves as the central point of contact for all LLS marcomm projects and programs driving the for completion across functions and throughout all levels of the organization
- Develops and sustain strong working relationships with vendor partners and Lubrizol purchasing organization
- Decision Making Authority
- Project priority
- Decide when to solve problems individually vs. with director consultation
- Evaluate vendor skills, costs, and overall fit for individual projects
- Education, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in business communications and marcomm project management in a B2B environment
- Understand how to build strategic communication plans that support business / marketing objectives
- Proven track record creating the digital media strategy and digital marketing programs with preference for a B2B environment
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate strong work ethic including the desire to learn the medical device and pharma businesses including audiences and key messaging
- Strong writing skills across communications media
- Able to create project briefs and manage budgets, expenses, and timelines
- Able to effectively manage a variety of projects and timelines simultaneously
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Communications, Marketing Communications, Developer, Manager, Marketing, Technology, Management </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/548533400/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>