Lubrizol Marketing Intern - Summer 2019 in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
The Lubrizol Advanced Materials business is looking for a motivated student who is interested in joining our team! This is an exciting opportunity for students looking to explore a global business environment. All projects will provide direct value to our organization and team with the ability to learn and gain exposure in real world experiences.
What will you do in the Marketing Internship?
You will support or lead specific components of our Marketing growth initiative (new product introductions, new approvals/listings, new segment application, and new marketing campaigns). This will involve significant cross-functional team collaboration: global communications, customers, market segment managers, sales, and outside agencies.
Sound like a lot to accomplish in a 12-week internship? That’s OK – we provide development, support and autonomy for students to be successful in our internships.
On top of that, we have fun. All students participate in annual events, including a picnic hosted by our CEO (he started his Lubrizol career as a co-op!), a day of volunteering and opportunity to network with Lubrizol leaders and other students in our diversity and inclusion events (like Group of Aspiring Lubrizol Leaders, Women in Lubrizol Leadership, etc.)
- Collaborate with market segment managers, global communications, marketing agencies and sales team on new product introductions, applications, and marketing campaigns
- Custom, primary market research to develop key insights to inform future product opportunities and marketing campaigns
- Update construction activity heat maps for use in resource allocation and investment decisions Evaluate effectiveness of online training and make recommendations to improve and balance against our need for face-to-face training
- Lead generation using construction activity databases
- Lead qualification after trade shows and conference
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Construction Management with an expected graduation date of December 2019 or beyond.
- Willing and able to commit to a 40-hour work week for 12-weeks during the summer of 2019; Monday – Friday 8am-5pm.
- Internship Dates are: 5/21/2019-8/10/2019
- Reliable transportation to and from the work location in Brecksville, Ohio
- Work experience or coursework in marketing, communications and/or construction management
- Experience with Marketing (4Ps, market research, segmentation, innovation, brand building).
- Mature student who works well with people and likes a variety of assignments. Student should be proficient with Microsoft Suite. Experience with SharePoint 2010 a big plus. Enjoy working with databases.
- Some Knowledge on International Business (currency, culture and social classification).
- Ability to work in teams and individually.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong project management and presentation skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without work sponsorship now and/or in the future.
Internship pay rate is $18-20/hour. Housing assistance is not provided for this internship.
Considered a Plus
- Rising seniors and juniors will be given priority consideration
- Technical minor (chemistry or engineering)
- Experience or exposure to foreign markets, specifically Mexico or Brazil
1st year MBA students are also encouraged to apply
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Intern, Marketing MBA, Developer, Engineer, Marketing, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/510246600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>