Lubrizol Natural Polymer Scientist in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Lubrizol Advanced Materials currently has an opportunity for a Senior Scientist within our Personal, Home and Health Care Molecular Design Group.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a deep understanding of Lubrizol’s Personal, Home and Health Care line of rheology modifiers
- Utilize advanced knowledge of naturally-based rheology modifiers to expand our portfolio of innovative solutions to the Personal, Home and Health Care markets
- Perform structure-property analysis and apply the knowledge towards development of new products and deepen our understanding of performance of these products
- Evaluate potential of externally and internally developed products and their application to our markets
- Work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment on complex polymer development, testing and characterization
- Work on scale-up of products from lab scale to pilot scale and then to manufacturing
- Document, interpret and communicate results to colleagues, sponsors and customers
- Follow safe laboratory practices
Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in polymer chemistry/organic chemistry/polymer science/chemical engineering/bio-engineering
- 2-5 years Industrial R&D experience considered a plus
- Solid understanding of natural polymer synthesis/functionalization
- Strong knowledge of polymer rheology
- Understanding of polymer characterization methods such as GPC, NMR, LC, GC, MS, DSC, DLS, FTIR, or ITC
- Experience in biotechnology (ex. fermentation, enzymatic polymerization) considered a plus
- Track record of innovative thinking, technical accomplishments and leadership of multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
Interested in all the great benefits that Lubrizol has to offer?
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemistry, Scientific, Biotech, Engineer, Scientist, Science, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/559913800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>