Lubrizol Process Safety Manager in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Safety is a core value at Lubrizol. The Process Safety Manager is responsible for providing leadership and subject matter expertise in driving the company’s efforts around safe, compliant, and responsible operations with a main emphasis on driving process safety incident performance results to ZERO.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, roll out and support standardized PSM programs at the Lubrizol Advanced Materials (LZAM) Americas manufacturing sites with the goal to create a best-in-class organization with respect to Process Safety.
- Provide Process Safety Engineering/consulting support related to the process safety elements including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Mechanical Integrity (MI), Pre-Start Up Safety Review (PSSR), Process Safety Information (PSI), Management of Change (MOC), Process Safety training, contractor safety and risk mitigation.
- Facilitate PHA’s for processes and projects to meet and exceed OSHA PSM and Responsible Care requirements.
- Facilitate Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Human Reliability Analyses, Siting Studies and other Process Safety functions to support PHA recommendations.
- Support Lubrizol knowledge on process safety developments and best practices, high-profile process safety risks, improvement initiatives and issues, site PSM implementation and activities to support mechanical integrity.
- Ensure process safety performance improvement via leading and lagging KPIs.
- Assess state of process safety culture and develop plans for continual improvement.
- Support the development and execution of Lubrizol’s Process Safety Management goals and strategies.
- Monitor and report on LZAM Americas Region Risk Register High Risk items and work with sites to create plans for elimination or mitigation.
- Monitor and report on LZAM Americas Region open PHA action items and work with sites as needed to create plans for closure.
- Support sites by creating relationships with third parties to maintain and update process safety information (including chemical reactivity databases, PSM procedures, P&IDs, PSV sizing documents, and Process Flow Diagrams) for sites without dedicated personnel for those activities.
- Participate on Incident Investigations and other HSES related teams, including root cause determination.
- Create competence requirements and curriculum for Process Safety training for new and experienced employees.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related technical field
- Five or more years in the chemical process industry with Process Safety Management experience.
- Experience training others on Process Safety Management topics.
- Team player, able to work with a wide variety of people in different roles to reach a workable solution to an identified safety hazard
- Detail oriented, with uncompromising safety principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and/or similar programs.
- Ability to travel depending on organizational needs, anticipated to be 50%
- Knowledge in operation, maintenance and NDT testing techniques for chemical processing equipment such as pressure vessel, piping codes, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, etc.
Considered a plus:
- Familiarity with LZAM chemistry
- Formal Root Cause Analysis training
- Experience with ePHA
- Experience using SAP, PI and/or DeltaV software.
- Knowledge of ASME, API, NFPA and OSHA regulations
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, ERP, Consulting, Manager, Plumbing, Engineering, Technology, Management, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/564529000/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>