Lubrizol Sales Engineer in Brecksville, Ohio
Location: Brecksville, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
Lubrizol is seeking an experienced professional to serve the TempRite Engineered Polymers business segment as a Sales Engineer. This Sales Engineer will be accountable to support Demand Creation efforts on technical application concerns for all three TempRite business segments (Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler, and Industrial) across North America, with occasional global responsibilities as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand all design and installation requirements for current and new applications of CPVC piping products to be the technical expert / liaison for both internal and external customers to rely on.
- Visit jobsites to provide technical support to our field sales team and end-users.
- Partner with the TempRite Marketing team to ensure all collateral, material and website content appropriately portrays the TempRite brands and products.
- Deliver technical presentations at industry conferences, in webinars and to potential customers.
- Identify new application development projects in collaboration with account managers and customer technical departments.
- Keep a pulse on current market technologies and competitor’s products and technologies to help TempRite identify next generation technology and new market opportunities.
- Monitor green building standards and serve as liaison between the Codes & Approvals team and the marketing/R&D groups for sustainability initiatives.
- Actively participate in industry conferences and associations to influence and better understand market trends, competitive and adjacent products and applications.
- Accountable for the specification process – insure master sample specs are maintained and accessible. Educate and assist the field sales demand creation team in addressing customer specification requirements.
Additional Job Functions
- Become intimate with the applicable NFPA standards, UL listings, FM approvals, and fire sprinkler design requirements such that they can be our resident expert in dealing with complex AHJ inquiries.
- Become design/technical resource regarding installation practices, design criteria, etc.
- Ability to investigate failures to determine root cause from installation and usage standpoint
- Deliver technical presentations/perform joint engineering sales calls with demand creation team
- Review marketing literature/documents as Subject Matter Expert
- Be engineering interface to direct customers regarding above
- Specification support - Will own the specification process for all segments. This involves insuring the appropriate tools (online standard specs) are available and all DC team members are knowledgeable on how to use them.
- Become an expert at chemical compatibility (from practical/application standpoint) and deliver webinars and seminars on the proper design, installation, approvals, and compatibility concerns.
- Support/be active with technical organizations
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- A degreed Engineer, with strong technical aptitude, business acumen, command skills, and career interests in sales and business development
- 5+ years of experience as a Plumbing or Design Engineer in an engineering firm, or other manufacturing facility or construction environment
- Experience in Plumbing, HVAC, and/or Industrial Plant design and construction
- Fire protection experience is a plus
- A MBA and/or PE is a plus but not required
- Current member of prominent trade organization(s)
- Capable of interacting with and influencing personnel at various levels of an organization, including construction contractors, engineers, and manufacturing plant personnel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Sales, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/564872900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>