Lubrizol Customs & Trade Compliance Officer - Based in Belgium, Brussels or UK, Hazelwood in Brussels, Belgium
Location: Brussels, Belgium, BE, 1160
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a global market-driven company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact Their. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN BELGIUM, BRUSSELS or in UK, HAZELWOOD
Reporting to the Customs & Trade Compliance Manager EMEAI, this position is primarily responsible for managing and optimizing customs & trade compliance processes at an EMEAI level.
- Manage import and export requirements for Customs Compliance relevant regulations
- Ensure and support compliant import, export & excise transactions
- Subject Matter Expert (SME), ensuring correct classification, valuation and origin calculation of goods
- GTS Trade Preference – perform preferential origin calculation and determination
- Act as the focal contact for internal stakeholders and provide guidance in customs & Trade related activities
- Act as point of contact for local customs authorities and manage relationship
- Ensure compliance with trade regulations, changes in policies and other government matters
- Perform an impact analysis of legislation changes on the operational processes
- Support and assist in Lubrizol’s C&TC Internal control program
- Drive continuous process improvement under guidance of Customs & Trade Compliance Manager
- Look for opportunities in customs duty management regimes (e.g. IPR, bonded warehouse, End use, FTA, …)
- Check correctness of customs declarations submitted by external partners
- Follow-up of stock records by processing different worklists in SAP GTS.
- Properly document processes in SOP’s
- Request and monitor Duty suspensions and quotas to the customs authorities/EU Commission
- E-pic (Prior Informed Consent) & Dual Use classification, notification and reporting
- Support / lead specific customs projects
- Preferred bachelor in Customs/International Trade.
- Minimum 2-5 years of practical work experience in the area of customs and trade compliance.
- Knowledge about EU Customs procedures and legislation and its impact on the operations.
- Knowledge / Experience of Export control compliance legislation (such as EAR, Dual Use Goods, E-pic, etc.)
- Language English and native as required by working area / location; other EU languages is a plus
- Computer skills MS Office, knowledge of SAP environment
- Effective communication skills, Networking capability and good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Openness to change, proactively seeking optimization and continuous improvements
- Experience with E-customs systems such as SAP GTS is a plus
Lubrizol is present in the Brussels area with two locations and a total of about 100 employees: the Corporate office in Brussels city supports the business with services such as Finance, IT, Procurement, Customer Service, and HR. Louvain-la-Neuve, 25 km east of Brussels hosts an R & D facility of Lubrizol Advanced Materials Personal and Home Care business, where dedicated teams work on innovative applications and Provide technical services for our customers. Brussels is a multicultural center at the heart of Europe, close to all European locations and easily accessible, it has a rich history and many beautiful parks and walks. Lubrizol Brussels is a true reflection of this multicultural environment, with more than 10 nationalities amongst our employees.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Logistics, Compliance, ERP, Warehouse, SAP, Operations, Legal, Technology, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/520669900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>