Lubrizol Process Engineer in Calvert City, Kentucky
Location: Calvert City, Kentucky, US, 42029
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
The principal purpose of the Process Engineer is to provide technical support for process optimization and troubleshooting to achieve effective and efficient operations at the Calvert City facility. This role will work alongside the Training Supervisor, other engineering staff as well as operators. The position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identification of problems in the manufacturing process: including equipment malfunction, raw material storage/handling, and problems in the conversion of raw materials to finished products.
- Recommend procedural changes and/or equipment modifications that are required to alleviate problems within the manufacturing process.
- Apply technical, engineering and experience knowledge to problems involving process design and debottlenecking, as well as material and utility usage efficiencies.
- Make decisions (within score of responsibility) related to modifications in operating or manufacturing procedures as may be required to meet safety, environmental, quality or cost requirements. (These decisions should not impact the final product.)
- Assist Training Supervisor in the development, revision and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Involvement in long-term planning process related to operations, departmental goals, objectives and strategic plan to achieve them.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Manufacturing Manager
- Backup when Sr. Engineer in Operations and/or Manufacturing Manager is on vacation.
- Accountability and Decision Making:
- Demonstrate Cultural Beliefs (All In,Take Action, Lead Decisively, Think External, Be Courageous)
- Accountable for personal safety and that of others within the work place
- Decisions relating to training design and delivery requirements
- Incumbent will enlist the support of the Quality and Manufacturing Managers and other plant support groups to handle problems
- RCMS / HSES Goals for Individual:
- Adhere to all RCMS and HSES procedures and practices to insure compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies
- Report all accidents, injuries, spills, releases and near misses immediately to the Supervisor or HSES Department. Safety suggestions should also be reported.
- Attend at least one safety meeting per month and complete any assigned RCMS/HSES training in the month scheduled with a passing score.
- GMP Goals for Individual:
- Comply with ISO 9001:2015/GMP Quality System
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field required.
- Prior experience / knowledge of Calvert City facility (or related chemical manufacturing process) preferred
- Ability to multi-task, investigate, summarize / offer creative solutions related to troubleshooting or increasing productivity.
- Must have strong work ethic, professional attitude, reliability and focus on safety
- Must have high degree of organization and be detail oriented.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with varying levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who works well independently and in a team environment
- Customer service focused
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Working knowledge of various computer systems including the Microsoft Office suite and SAP or similar software.
- FRC, hard hat, safety glasses, safety footwear and hearing protection, in addition to any additional PPE required for your area.
Located in far Western Kentucky, this region offers a great place to live for all ages and walks of life. There is affordable housing, award winning schools and universities, art, historic towns, challenging golf courses, fine dining, and museums. Those with a love for the outdoors will appreciate three state parks along with the Kentucky and Barkley Lakes and the Land Between the Lakes area which offer year round opportunities for fishing, hunting, biking, camping, hiking, boating, scenic shores, fully equipped marinas, and beaches. Also located just a few hours away are large metropolitan cities like Louisville, Lexington, Nashville, and St. Louis. Blending a rich history with a stable economy, healthy business climate and outstanding schools and neighborhoods, Western Kentucky is an excellent place to work and live.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Paducah </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Plumbing, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/541083800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>