Lubrizol Chemist in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Lubrizol Additives is hiring an Chemist to support our technical team within the Applied Research Department.
What you will do:
- Generate, validate, and recognize patterns in data while collaborating to solve any issues.
- Take ownership of over projects and requests by driving them through completion.
- Method development, validation and optimization.
- Complete projects and assignments in a timely manner and summarize results.
- Produce accurate and reproducible tests and data.
- Organize laboratory work to meet multiple assignment objectives.
- Maintain clear records of experiments, results and conclusions. Keep up to date laboratory notebook.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and good housekeeping practices.
- Actively participate in department safety programs.
What you need:
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience within an industrial lab setting.
- Ability to work independently and in support of the team.
- Understanding of handling of chemicals and safe work practices.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Good chemical and math abilities.
- Ability to maintain an accurate legal record of experimental results, provide written summaries and offer initial interpretation of results.
- Self-motivated with ability to identify and obtain necessary materials to maintain laboratory and support ongoing projects.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, written, verbal and computer skills.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemist, Engineer, Chemical Research, Developer, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/511173300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>