Lubrizol Fire Protection Market Manager in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Lubrizol Advanced Materials has an immediate need for highly motivated, results-oriented Fire Protection Market Manager for the CPVC Piping Systems and Materials business at its facility in Brecksville, Ohio. This business segment is the world leader in CPVC resins and compounds with proven performance – since 1959.
Summary of Responsibilities
Owns the development and execution of a 5-year business strategy with P&L responsibility. Proposes, develops, and implements marketing plans. Responsible for product promotion, analysis of market and customer needs and other selling support for the Fire Protection market segment across the Americas, as well as brand management. Accountabilities will include: helping to assess market challenges and growth potentials, marketing strategies, product placement and positioning strategies and leadership of specific initiatives that will result in sustained profitable growth and delivering financial results in-line with short and long-term targets.
Essential Job Functions
· Develop a deep market understanding of assigned market sub-segments. Work closely with sales and customers to identify innovation projects and growth opportunities.
· Understand market trends and manage opportunities for customers in a proactive manner by understanding the customers’ needs and business.
· Identify and analyze target markets through value and opportunity analysis; take ownership to develop target markets.
· Identify gaps in our current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
· Work closely with the marketing communications group. Assist with the management of newly innovated brands, along with development of the communications strategy and the selection of third party communications firms.
· Identify, generate and capture more value from both new and existing solutions.
· Identify key customers and establish strong, collaborative relationships. Evaluate existing and potential customers for strategic fit to achieve business goals.
Desired Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Fire Protection industry experience is a strong plus
· Bachelor’s degree – Technical or Engineering Degree w/ MBA is a plus
· Strong skills in market analysis, positioning strategy.
· Minimum of 10 years of marketing or sales, and/or business development experience strongly preferred.
· Successful leadership of cross-functional project teams.
· Commercial development acumen including: value chain analysis, competitive analysis, definition of value proposition, marketing positioning, and financial modeling.
· Travel 30-40%.
· Highly competent in developing and implementing strategies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications, Marketing Communications, Engineering, Management, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/547724800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>