Lubrizol Global Business Manager, Pharmaceutical Excipients in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Lubrizol LifeSciences is searching for a Global Business Manager who will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and managing global sales, marketing and product management for the pharmaceutical exciptients business, including the topical, oral care and oral treatment market segments. Has responsibility for profit growth through defining growth opportunities in terms of new application developments, alignment of distribution networks, target regions and target customer segments and leads the realization of these targets. Sets pricing and margin targets in conjunction with regional feedback and in line with plan in order to reach financial targets.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement the business strategy, including comprehensive marketing plan for each of the market segments with a sense of urgency to achieve our desired target market position
- Lead the business team and foster good communication, team work, and alignment.
- Work with the segment technical leader to ensure proper/timely completion of market focused projects
- Manage the performance and development of employees and ensure we have the right talent and organizational capabilities
- Keep close contact with the industry, stay abreast of trends, maintain critical relationships
- Take necessary action to improve the overall marketing and sales capabilities of our organization
- Establish a high degree of collaboration between marketing and sales, while allowing for a healthy debate leading to improved outcomes
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; science major preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international sales, marketing and/or business management with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical excipients
- Preference for experience in topical and dermal excipients marketing
- Willing and ability to travel more than 30% of the time
- Demonstrated abilities and successes in implementing new product, solution, technology and value selling programs on a global scale
- Experience dealing with senior commercial and technical decision makers
- Effective leadership in complex and matrix organizations
- Work in team, results oriented and structured environment
- Work in a collaborative, matrix organization
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Manager, Marketing Manager, Business Manager, Science, Sales, Management, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/517189200/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>