Lubrizol Strategic Market Segment Manager, Oral Care in Cleveland, Ohio
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, US, 44141
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
The Strategic Market Segment Manager is responsible for analyzing and defining the marketing and business development strategy for the oral care market segment including selecting market sub-segments and new business expansion opportunities. Accountabilities will include: assessing market potentials, regional marketing strategies, product strategies and campaigns, possible acquisition opportunities, partnerships, and assessing new ingredient opportunities and leadership of specific initiatives that will result in sustained profitable growth, delivering financial results in-line with short and long term targets.
What you will do:
- Develop a deeper market understanding of oral care market segment and the ingredients used for different applications.
- Lead effort to analyze market, market trends and make recommendations concerning product strategy and new business opportunities for expansion of the business
- Conduct customer interviews across our value chain and identify trends and unmet needs.
- Implement a customer value proposition model based on market/customer segmentation and increase current marketing of our oral care ingredients portfolio.
- Identify gaps in our current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
- Improve our level of step-out innovation as defined by projects in our stage gate process.
- Launch new products, gain early market acceptance, and accelerate penetration.
- Accelerate mindset change from selling products to selling unique, market facing solutions.
- Identify, generate and capture more value from both new and existing solutions.
- Define and refine key strategic customers and establish strong collaborative relationships.
- Provide strong leadership to a team of in-direct reports composed of marketing, sales, and technical members.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, chemistry, or engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of sales, marketing or business management experience; including:
- Value chain analysis, customer needs analysis, definition of value proposition, marketing positioning, and a track record of success.
- Demonstrated success at developing and implementing effective business strategies.
- Successfully demonstrates B2B market development & market research/analysis capability.
- Experience in developing comprehensive marketing plans.
- Experience with international markets.
- Experience in oral care ingredients business, flavors a plus
- Travel 30-40%, domestic and international.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, Business Development, Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineering, Sales, Strategy, Management, Marketing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/526063200/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>