Lubrizol Operator in Clifton, New Jersey
Location: Clifton, New Jersey, US, 07015
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Although the Second Grade Operator reports administratively to the Plant Manager, the incumbent will work under the direction of the Lead Operator. Because of the structure of the Clifton plant, the Second Grade Operator may also be utilized to perform functions within the Warehouse and Maintenance areas. At this time, the incumbent will work under the direction of either the Warehouse Manager or Facilities Specialist.
Specific job functions of the Second Grade Chemical Operator are described as follows:
Specific Job Functions
- Follows all plant safety, security, and ethics rules.
- Charges raw materials into reactors as per instructions on batch sheets.
- Carries out specific manufacturing instructions from batch sheets that include heating, applying vacuum, sampling, washing, adjusting, and cooling.
- Has a good understanding of the use of processing equipment including vacuum systems, pumps, valves, hoses, fittings, agitators, filters, compressed air, and scales.
- Sets up containers and packages products from reactors into drums, totes, and pails.
- Operates fork lift to transfer raw materials and finished products.
- Loads and unloads bulk materials into tank trucks and storage tanks.
- Records data and other information on production batch sheets and forms.
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of experience in chemical manufacturing or processing.
- Must be knowledgeable in the handling of chemicals, processing equipment, safety rules, and the use of a fork lift.
- Understands the use of personal protective equipment, including a respirator.
- Proficient in math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Proficient in the English language including reading and writing.
- Proficient in the operation of a fork lift.
- Proficient in the use of manual hand tools.
Lubrizol's Clifton facility is located in Clifton, NJ, a wonderful not-so-small town in the heart of Northeast New Jersey. With a population of approximately 85,000, Clifton offers something for everyone. There are plenty of dining, shopping, and entertainment options for you to enjoy right in the heart of Clifton. Clifton also has great schools, diverse, tight-knit communities, and allows convenient travel to all the surrounding area has to offer. We are located within a 25 minute drive of several excellent colleges and universities, multiple award-winning healthcare facilities, some of the area's largest shopping malls, and iconic New York City. Whether you feel like gambling, walking on the beach, attending an NFL football game, hitting the slopes, or enjoying a fabulous bottle of wine at a local vineyard you can do it all in New Jersey.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>New York City <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Newark </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Equipment Operator, Warehouse, Plant, Plumbing, Forklift, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/545035300/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>