Lubrizol Operations Support Clerk in Corona, California
Location: Corona, California, US, 92879
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Req ID: 48506
Vesta, a Lubrizol company is a contract manufacturer that specializes in producing thermoplastic extruded tubing and components for medical devices that are used in hospitals internationally. We strongly believe that it takes quality people to make quality products that are so important for everyday use, and we are always looking to expand our Vesta family. Vesta is located in Corona California which is located in Riverside County. We less than 30 miles away from the beach and Disneyland.
Vesta Corona, California location has a class 8 certified clean room, which is 17,000 square feet. We have 14 extrusion lines as well as co-ex lines. We are able to run multiple extruders which can produce a two layer, stripes and three layer extrusion.
JOB TITLE: Operations Support Clerk DATE: March 2019
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager DEPARTMENT: Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt DIRECT REPORT(S): No
WORK LOCATION: Corona, CA REVISED: 03/20/2019
The primary responsibility of the Operations Support Clerk is to provide support to personnel and departments and the input of data with proper documentation efforts not limited to; Sales, Business Development, Materials Transactions, Production Labor Efficiency & Work Time / Product / Lot Tickets, Document Control, etc. as required in variable roles of cross department support as needed. Accuracy and detail orientation of work is of utmost importance. Required to interact with various departments daily; direct operations support, engineering, sales and quality.
Standard Work Schedule: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday [Eight hours per day, five days per week with OT- pending department needs]
Number and Length of breaks: Two mandatory 15-minute breaks, and one 30-minute meal period
Job Task Rotation: Supports various departments as needed – detail provided
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities are functions of the job and should not reflect the special talents or performance of an employee.
- Completes Materials Consumption / Transaction Reporting documentation each day.
- Enters Labor Cards into QAD system for labor tracking cards production transaction reporting each day.
- Generates metrics for Extrusion and Secondary Operations departments as required.
- Assist with implementation of projects for the Extrusion and Secondary Operations departments for shop floor reporting.
- Assist with managing visitors and backup front office/phones when required.
- Performs other duties as needed based on needs of the general office as vacation coverage or any extenuating circumstances required to properly / appropriately execute the needs of daily office affairs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required/preferred.
- Good understanding of ERP platform data entry
- Working capabilities with Microsoft Office (Excel and Access Primarily)
- Good problem solving and math skills
- Ability to convert between metrics and English units, fractions and decimals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and occasional weekends
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptability to changing priorities on occasion
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases “occasionally”, “frequently” and “constantly” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 33% of working time, “frequently” means between 34%-66% of working time, and “constantly” means 67% and more of working time. Additionally vision requirement definitions are as follows: close vision-clear vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision—clear vision at 20 feet or more, color vision-ability to identify and distinguish colors, peripheral vision-ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, depth perception-three-dimensional vision-ability to judge distances and spacial relationships and ability to focus—ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
This physical demand level for this job is considered light with occasionally lifting 10-25 pounds. Exposure to lifting more than 25 pounds is rare (if ever).
The employee may frequently be subject to dynamic standing/walking and using hands to finger or handle/touch with constant exposure to static standing/sitting. The employee will rarely (if ever) be subject to pushing/pulling (rough poundage of force), floor to knuckle lift/lower, knuckle to shoulder lift/lower, shoulder to overhead lift/lower, sustained bending, use foot/feet to operate machine, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders or repetitive bending or squatting.
The following vision requirements apply: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Controlled environment
- Open office environment - cubicle
- Computer terminal
- Copy machine
Protective Clothing/Equipment Required
- While in the controlled environment, adherence to good manufacturing processes must be followed, including gowning procedures.
Special Vision Requirements
- Computer screen
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Communicates concisely both orally and writing
- Prior experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including; Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience in QAD is a plus of other ERS / ERP / MRS / MES systems
High School Diploma or GED.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Vesta is located in Corona CA, the golden state. Corona is located in Southern California where the beaches are less than 30 miles away. You can take a 20 minute drive to the Happiest Place on Earth- Disneyland and see their beloved firework show at 9:00pm every night. Corona is a 45 minute drive to Los Angeles, the entertainment capital in the world. The City of Los Angeles is home of the new Los Angeles Rams who have shaken up and created new excitement for the locals. This city is diverse with many different cultures and restaurants. Summer starts off with many different music festivals such as: Coachella, Snowglobe, Stagecoach and so much more. Vegas is less than 4 hours away and an easy drive for a weekend getaway.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Corona <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Los Angeles </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Operations Manager, Clerical, Engineer, Business Development, Operations, Administrative, Engineering, Sales </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/546764200/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>