Lubrizol Electrical Distribution Engineer in Deer Park, Texas
Location: Deer Park, Texas, US, 77536
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise,testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
The Electrical Distribution Lead is responsible for developing, overseeing, and coordinating efforts regarding electrical power distribution needs for the Texas Plants. Engineer provides the leadership, guidance and direction in the development of electrical design, forecasting, outage coordination where applicable, and engineering standards to meet or exceed Lubrizol’s vision, business, and safety objectives. Represents Lubrizol positively and proactively always.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide oversight of the plant’s electrical power distribution system equipment.
2. Act as NEC steward and facilitate creation of engineering standards for the electrical discipline, adopting PIP practices wherever possible.
3. Prepare design specifications for procurement of electrical equipment including 12.47kV substation, Medium and Low Voltage Switchgear, Motor Control Centers, Transformers, Generators, UPS / Batteries and Power Factor correction capacitors.
4. Provide technical knowledge of power and grounding best practices and requirements for DeltaV Control Systems.
5. Provide guidance and manage installation, testing, and commissioning of power distribution equipment.
6. Perform or oversee short circuit calculations, load analysis, coordination studies and arc flash studies for power distribution equipment using applicable NEC and IEEE references.
7. Supervise or perform design of electrical equipment including electrical one-line diagrams, control schematics, power layout drawings, conduit and cable tray design, lighting drawings, and grounding drawings.
8. Initiate PRIME / MOCs where required for Power / Electrical-specific projects.
9. Assist in the development of engineering standards for the Texas plants. Activities include but are not limited to actively serving on applicable Texas standards committees and working with Maintenance, Operations, and Construction groups to implement these standards.
10. Ensuring Lubrizol’s future by creating an enhanced safety culture, being accountable, and supporting market driven, sustainable activities. Related activities may include but are not limited to participating in process hazard analysis (PHA), serving on safety teams, and actively participating in the achievement of local or corporate environmental and/or safety initiatives(e.g.VPP).
11. Provide plant project electrical engineering support to include, but not limited to;
a. Working closely with PMs and other discipline Leads to ensure that project deliverables are being met while staying within the scope of the associated effort.
b. Soliciting quotes for discipline-specific work.
c. Providing guidance to internal and external design resources as needed for various efforts.
d. Leading FATs (both off-site and on-site) for VFDs, MCCs in general, and other electrical equipment prior to commissioning.
e. Providing startup assistance.
f. Coordinating with Maintenance, Construction, and ASG as applicable.
12. Excellent communication skills and experience interfacing with plant personnel in ancillary departments such as ASG, Operations, Maintenance, Construction, HSE&S, and Purchasing, as well as vendors and 3rd party E&C firms.
13. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- Five to ten years of Electrical Power Distribution System experience.
- Familiarity with various Electrical Engineering software packages (e.g., SKM, ETAP, etc.) as well as typical Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Projects, etc.).
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City, the Houston metro area—the sixth largest in the nation—is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Houston </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Construction, Distribution, Electrical, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Operations </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/527658600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>