Lubrizol Human Resources Specialist in Deer Park, Texas
Location: Deer Park, Texas, US, 77536
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise,testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
We currently have a challenging and rewarding position for a Human Resources Specialist at our Deer Park, Texas facility. The Specialist will handle and provide support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
· Administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
· Maintain confidentiality related to employee information, salary administration, organizational changes, employee action.
· Assists employees with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
· Assist in hiring process by coordinating job requisitions, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews.
· Track status of candidates in ATS and communicate throughout the recruiting process.
· Schedule interviews for internal and external candidates.
· Coordinate new employee orientation.
· Keep employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
· Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable business and legal requirements.
· Plan, implement, and assist with employee functions.
· Compose and provide various communications to employees / organization.
· Provide accurate and timely reports (personnel information and salary administration).
· Participate in other HR activities and projects as required.
· Bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled) in human resources, business management or related field.
· 1 to 3 years of HR Assistant or Generalist experience.
· Analytical, problem solving and organizations/planning skills.
· Knowledge of HR principles, processes and regulations.
· Self-motivated, proactive with the ability to work in a fast paced, “high energy” team-oriented environment.
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office & HRIS).
· Effective communication (written/verbal/listening) and presentation skills.
CONSIDERED A PLUS
· PHR or SPHR certification
· Knowledge of SAP
· Chemical plant experience
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City, the Houston metro area—the sixth largest in the nation—is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Houston </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">ERP, HR, SAP, Administrative Assistant, Business Manager, Technology, Human Resources, Administrative, Management </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/522501200/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>