Lubrizol Instrument Technician in Deer Park, Texas
Location: Deer Park, Texas, US, 77536
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise,testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
We currently have a challenging and rewarding position for Maintenance Instrument Technician in the Deer Park, TX Maintenance Department.
- Repair and calibrate flow, pressure, level, temperature, and differential pressure transmitters.
- Service and repair control valves, actuators, and regulators of all sizes.
- Install, repair and troubleshoot pneumatic and electronic instrumentation.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM’s) on process instrumentation.
- Calibrate and maintain area monitoring equipment (i.e. LEL, H2S, CL2, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and maintain analytical equipment (E.g. Extractive sample analyzers, gas chromatographs, conductivity / pH / density probes, and Calorimeter).
- Consistently follow safe work practices and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture.
- Work in a manner that enhances teamwork and increases efficiency.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Minimum 5 years of petrochemical or refinery maintenance experience
- Certificate in Instrumentation Technology or Associate's degree.
- Good working knowledge of test equipment, hand tools, and hand held communicators or equivalent computer software.
- Proficient using P&ID’s, loop sheets, and equipment manuals.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with MicroMotion flow meters considered a plus.
- Familiar with SAP business software considered a plus.
- Experience with Emerson’s Delta-V and AMS considered a plus.
- Experience with Analytical equipment.
- Experience with PLC's considered a plus.
- Climbing, bending, lifting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and performing a variety of physical activities while working at various heights.
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City, the Houston metro area—the sixth largest in the nation—is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Houston </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Technician, ERP, Maintenance, Instrumentation, Supply, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/522576700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>