Lubrizol Sr. Global Process Control Engineer in Deer Park, Texas
Location: Deer Park, Texas, US, 44092
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The role of the Sr. Global process control engineer is to support all Lubrizol facilities and assist local sites in maintaining and optimizing Distributed Control System (DCS) assets. This position adds value and contributes to achieving the Lubrizol vision by lowering the cost to manufacture goods through focusing on process control and asset optimization initiatives. Travel to support sites is expected as deem necessary.
Essential Job Functions
Provide global process control and automation support to all Lubrizol Facilities
- Control System Assets
- Leverage System Tools -Utilize asset and process control optimization tools to increase system availability.
- Data Security- aid in developing proper procedures with LZ Corporate IS in a way that protects control system assets but provides operations and maintenance flexibility to perform job task.
- Support System Reliability-Provide Assistance to Operations (ATO) support. Supports facilities in a way which keeps our global manufacturing units system availability high which ultimately ensures we meet our customer order needs.
- Plant EHS&S Initiatives – support plant environmental and safety improvements by taking part in and supporting plant safety initiatives such as SIS control system implementation.
- Process Optimization –aid in implementing, maintaining and advancing initiatives such as advanced controls and loop optimization.
- Training-aid in training support to operations and maintenance personnel to close identified training gaps.
- Asset Management -aid in advancing predictive and preventive maintenance technologies through the use of Asset Management and Optimization tools.
- Alarm Management –aid in monitoring unit alarm management and working with operations in a way that rationalizes and optimizes unit alarms to increase safety awareness and optimize utilization of control systems.
- Interface with local facility Automation Managers or Process Control Engineers- collaborate with local facility leaders in the areas of advancing asset and process control optimization initiatives.
- Standards Support-take leadership role on Corporate sponsored OMS Standard team to ensure standards are developed and being used by facilities.
- Metrics- aid in developing and utilize KPI metrics to gauge performance of facility control systems. Examples: Reduction in key quality parameter, reduction in process control variability, downtime capture of automation issues, unit monthly system availability, unit monthly # of alarms, unit monthly loop performance, etc.
- Provide project management support as needed. Must be able to interface with automation consultants and/or system integrators to progress strategic projects along.
Process Control Engineer Resource Development Development.
- The Sr. Global process control engineer is responsible for interacting with facility automation leaders and facility leadership to ensure there are development plans in place to support facilities and recommend personnel developmental and training opportunities that is sustainable to support facilities long term.
Education / Certification
A four-year degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Computer or Electrical Engineering is required. Non-degreed professionals will be considered based on career experience.
Experience and Skills
Fifteen or more years of related experience is required. Experience at a manufacturing facility as a process control engineer at Lubrizol’s plants is not required but could be an asset. Experience with DCS and PLC platforms such as (Emerson DeltaV, ABB, Rockwell, Siemens, other, etc.) is preferred but not required. Experience in implementation of automation projects, process control optimization projects and knowledge of Process Control Optimization tools is a plus. Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook is required.
Empowerment & Decision Making
The Sr. global process control engineer can make recommendations for improvements and/or capital purchases which may be needed in order to repair/improve both hardware and/or software applications. The Sr. global process control engineer can function at times as a project manager for software/hardware related projects and has the authority and responsibility for making decisions for projects that impact project cost and scheduling.
Everyone's heard the stereotype: it's all cowboys, cactus and cattle. While those Texas roots are strong, Houston will surprise you with everything it has to offer. The ten-county region is the largest city not only in Texas, but in the entire Southern United States. Here the grass is green, landscaping is lush and the tree canopy is thick and widespread. It's the perfect mix of Southern greenery and urban sophistication. Known as the Bayou City, the Houston metro area—the sixth largest in the nation—is crisscrossed by a number of bayous, many of them flowing into Buffalo Bayou, the site of the city's birthplace in the downtown area.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Controls Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/547652800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>