Lubrizol Production Operator in Elmendorf, Texas
Location: Elmendorf, Texas, US, 78112
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Elmendorf Lubrizol Specialty Additives Plant manufactures specialty chemicals for oilfield operations. It is a batch process production operation that is supported by Monday-Friday lab and maintenance coverage along with after-hours coverage as needed. The facility is ISO 9001:2008 certified. The individual filling this role is expected to behave safely and follow all HSES procedures as well as effectively interact with a diverse team. The individual must communicate effectively, undertake activities to improve operations, prioritize work tasks. Individuals are also expected to become proficient in the proper handling and transfer of chemicals, effectively operate control systems, perform process troubleshooting, and to produce a quality product. Assistance in developing these skills will be provided by training modules, working with trained operators, personal study, and on the job training. Additionally, this person reports to the Operations Lead Operator.
- Be available to work a monthly rotating schedule consisting of one month of days on a M-F 8 hr schedule followed by one month of nights on a 4 day-10 hour schedule. Although we are off most weekends, there may be occasional weekends worked.
- Produce product by making simple blends and reactions according to the production schedule and product recipe; all made to product specification.
- Learn to handle production related equipment such as reactor vessels, storage tanks, drums, totes, pumps and hoses.
- Safely operate a forklift in a congested area with high foot traffic.
- Monitor process conditions, equipment, and control systems
- Keep operating area clean.
- Serve on teams such as Emergency Response or HSES Team as required.
- Participate in the plant safety discussions.
- Use troubleshooting skills to resolve process related deviations and problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Previous production type experience is a plus but is not required.
- A readiness and willingness to learn our process.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Some general mechanical understanding.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and ability to learn SAP.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with different job functions cohesively.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>San Antonio </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Industrial, ERP, Equipment Operator, SAP, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/523605800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>