Lubrizol Design Engineer in Franklin, Wisconsin
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin, US, 53132
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
The Design Engineer is primarily responsible to design and build efficient manufacturing tools, fixture, process aids and equipment as well as provide technical assistance and engineering support to manufacturing.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Design and build safe and efficient manufacturing tools, fixtures, process aids and equipment.
- Automate existing manual processes for dipping, assembly, inspection and packaging
- Develop effective solutions to mitigate ergonomic and safety concerns
- Support scrap reduction teams and participate in value improvement projects.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to manufacturing.
- Train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
- Support flawless launch activities through active participation in MFEA and tool design review.
- Execute validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols.
- Work closely with Project Engineers in new product development activities.
- Document lessons learned and report status of all projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Understand and follow the SOP’s pertaining to the specific area.
- Understand and follow the Work Instructions pertaining to the specific area.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESCRIPTION OF MARGINAL DUTIES:
- Observe and promote Company standards and policies on safety, quality and productivity
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
HIRING GUIDELINES: (To perform job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required/preferred).
- Successful completion of four-years of high school, or equivalent, plus completion of four years of college with a bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on Mechanical Design Engineering and Computer-aided drafting.
- Over three years and up to five years of experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with mechanical design of manual fixtures and semi-automatic tooling.
- Solid modeling experience using Inventor or SolidWorks (or similar design software)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hand-on experience building fixtures
- Basic pneumatic knowledge, with experience using valves and actuators.
- Basic electrical knowledge with experienced wiring AC and DC circuits, PLC’s with NPN and PNP inputs and outputs, temperature controllers and DC motor controls.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, I/O logic controls design, building and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of robot programming, machine Vision, and servo controls (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing (preferred)
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and effective human interaction skills.
- Flexible to change, and possess a high degree level of integrity and “can do attitude”.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
- Able to comprehend college algebra, college physics, basic chemistry, statistics and unit conversion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The phrases “occasionally”, “frequently” and “constantly” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 33% of working time, “frequently” means between 34%-66% of working time, and “constantly” means 67% and more of working time. Additionally vision requirement definitions are as follows: close vision-clear vision at 20 inches or less, distance vision—clear vision at 20 feet or more, color vision-ability to identify and distinguish colors, peripheral vision-ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, depth perception-three-dimensional vision-ability to judge distances and spatial relationships and ability to focus—ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus ).
This physical demand level for this job is considered medium with frequently lifting between 10-25 pounds and occasionally lifting 50 pounds. Exposure to lifting more than 50 pounds is rare (if ever).
The employee may frequently be subject to sustained bending, using hands to finger or handle or touch, use foot/feet to operate machine with constant exposure to dynamic standing/sitting. The employee will occasionally be exposed to static standing/sitting, pushing/pulling(less than 50lb of force), floor to knuckle lift/lower (less than 50lbs), knuckle to shoulder lift/lower(less than 50lbs), shoulder to overhead lift/lower(less than 50lbs),climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach above shoulders and repetitive bending or squatting.
The following vision requirements apply: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities).
The employee will constantly be exposed to working near moving mechanical parts with frequent exposure to risk of electrical shock. The employee will occasionally be exposed to wet humid conditions, working in high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold or heat, outdoor weather conditions or travel on company business. The employee will rarely (if ever) be subject to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level is considered loud if near operating production equipment.
The employee will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment such as: safety glasses in the designated areas, hairnet/beard net, gloves when handling hot objects or solvents, jumpsuit, earplugs (when needed) on production floor.
The employee will constantly use hand/power tools and machine equipment, with frequent use of maintenance shop tools. Occasionally the employee will use a PC with Microsoft Office products, manlift/elevator, forklift and pallet/hydraulic jacks.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupati</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Milwaukee </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Design Engineer, Electrical, Engineer, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/517081400/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>