Lubrizol Human Resources Director in Franklin, Wisconsin
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin, US, 53132
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Who Are We?
The Lubrizol Corporation is an innovative, $7 Billion global specialty chemical company that offers a world of opportunity for those who work here. We draw upon a wide range of skills, talents, and experiences to enable our growth and innovation! Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Estane® Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
The Human Resource Director is responsible for leading the HR function for our Franklin, WI contract manufacturing medical device facility with approximately 400 employees covering 3 shifts. Vesta is a contract medical device manufacturer that is part of our Lubrizol Life Sciences global business unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in a matrix environment, leading the execution of HR objectives including workforce planning, talent management, employee relations, leadership development, coaching, change and organizational design initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and support the development of the workforce plan; identify talent challenges and suggest plans to close gaps; develop talent-related metrics for the business and measure current performance. Track and trend people related data. Partner with talent development to facilitate leadership and team development programs in support of the plan objectives and business performance.
- Align and prioritize Human Resources strategy and structure with the vision and business plan of the company.
- Develops training and advises on such topics as: interviewing, hiring, terminations, employee relations, discipline, promotions, performance review, safety and harassment/discrimination or any additional special needs.
- Maintain overall supervision and continuously improve the organization’s recruitment, placement and training programs and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulations.
- Interpret and apply of established human resource policies throughout the organization to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees.
- Keep up to date on governmental regulations and reporting requirements affecting company policies and human resources practices to include EEO, OSHA, ERISA and wage and hour regulations. Review existing policies and develop policies to comply with these changes.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of various reports for management review to include HR metrics, headcount reports, safety and environmental health, etc.
- Act as Vesta’s advocate in representing the interests of the employees and, as a liaison, balancing the needs of individual employees, human capital as a whole and the company’s vision to align all three.
- Build and maintain highly effective working relationships and positively influence others.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management or related field and a minimum of 10+ years HR experience with at least 4 years of generalist experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledgeable of change management and leadership development processes.
- Knowledgeable of HR processes, programs, policies and systems and ability to communicate same to employees and management.
- Able to deal effectively with ambiguity and change; comfortable with uncertainty.
- Comfortable with and able to coach and influence senior managers; accepts and deals effectively with global and local complexities.
- Ability to provide positive and corrective feedback at all organizational levels.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with significant exposure to a fast-paced environment (preferred)
- Work collaboratively with other team members to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS-Office skills; familiarity payroll and HR systems, SAP HR preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Travel is less than 10% annually
Competitive salary with annual bonus plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Milwaukee </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Manager, Human Resources Director, ERP, HR Manager, HR, Management, Human Resources, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/502439800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>