Lubrizol Operations Manager in Franklin, Wisconsin
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin, US, 53132
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Vesta is located in Franklin WI, a growing community of 35,000 people that is located in the Southeastern portion of Wisconsin, approximately 15 miles south of Milwaukee, WI and about 60 miles north of Chicago, Il. The Southeastern portion of Wisconsin is bordered on the east by Lake Michigan, a Great Lake that has fantastic fishing and boating opportunities. The City of Milwaukee is a diverse community with many ethnic festivals that occur almost every weekend from June until September. Starting with the last week in June until the second weekend in July, the Henry Maier Festival Park, hosts Summerfest, one of the largest outdoor music festivals, highlighted by the Marcus Amphitheater, which hosts Main Stage concerts every evening. Milwaukee is also the home to Harley Davidson, the Harley Museum and Harley Davidson Bike fest every 5 years. If you are into professional sports, Milwaukee is home to the Milwaukee Brewers, who play at Miller Park, the Milwaukee Bucks who are building a new area and the Green Bay Packers are within 2 hours driving distance from Milwaukee.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to direct local manufacturing operations through functional teams to ensure optimal operational performance with respect to quality, cost and delivery, continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of personnel, materials, machines and excellence in customer and employee satisfaction. Experience in silicone or plastic molding and extrusion is preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties and responsibilities are functions of the job and should not reflect the special talents or performance of an employee.
- Develop, implement, and manage operating procedures, policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices.
- Provide leadership for operational excellence programs, including continuous improvement, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action.
- Develop and implement organizational plans and operational procedures to meet strategic and tactical operational needs.
- Coordinate effectively with engineering, sales, marketing and finance to understand customer dynamics and ensure operational capabilities and that capacities are current, adequate and sufficient to meet projects, plans and schedules.
- Propose, evaluate, and implement equipment and system improvements.
- Plan and execute capital budgets in conjunction with process engineering and plant engineering to support business expansion and improve operating costs.
- Assure a positive working environment by maintaining discipline, morale, and employee relations.
- Prepare and/or approved performance reviews, salary recommendations, and disciplinary recommendations for direct reports.
- Develop, implement and utilize appropriate metrics to report on monthly results and key issues, problems and opportunities.
- Apply a team approach to problem-solving, developing systematic solutions for repeatable results.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, on-time-in-full delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development, also provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Responsibility for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, complete and on-time delivery.
- Balance work capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determine operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Identify, communicate and drive implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manage compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Performs other required duties as needed in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities described above.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as an Operations Manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive management, staff and external customers.
- Lead by example and drive accountability throughout the organization.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, which lead to effective solutions.
- Able to meet and exceed the expectations/requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize and rally a manufacturing team toward common measureable goals.
- “Hands-on” leadership skills with strong organizational, planning, technical, communication and team building background.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change
- Demonstrate expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of process controls, verification and validation activities; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management, product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, etc.
- Excellent oral communication reports, business correspondence and procedure-writing skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
HIRING GUIDELINES: (To perform job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required/preferred).
- Over ten years’ experience in engineering and/or operations, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Proven ability to manage effectively and drive results in rapid growth business.
- Ability to articulate vision/strategy to company leaders, peers and subordinates and gain commitment as well as influence behaviors to drive results.
- Lean Manufacturing Certification
- Direct management/supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with case study, mathematical analysis and conclusion.
- Demonstrated experience in servicing and responding to customers
- Demonstrated experience in making presentations to both large/small group settings.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with significant exposure to a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of ISO 13485:2003 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 (preferred)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred)
- Finished medical device company experience (preferred)
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Attention to detail
- Able to learn fast and multi-task
- Consistent with attendance and manage own schedule
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Highly desirable to be well-organized and neat
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical discipline (i.e. Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields) and/or minimum of 10 years management experience within a manufacturing or engineering role within the medical device industry.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Milwaukee </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Operations Manager, Engineer, CAPA, Electrical, Operations, Engineering, Management </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/545838000/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>