Lubrizol Program Manager in Franklin, Wisconsin
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin, US, 53132
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Req ID: 46608
Vesta, part of Lubrizol LifeSciences, offers custom medical manufacturing services, including precision thermoplastic and silicone extrusion as well as comprehensive silicone fabrication from its ISO 13485 certified facilities. Vesta capitalizes on more than 40 years’ experience, leveraging expertise in design assistance, material selection and quality compliance to enable our customer’s success.
Vesta has served as a trusted medical device outsourcing partner for four decades, delivering innovative solutions in molding, extrusion and assembly. Our Franklin, Wisconsin location includes ISO 7 certified clean room, ISO 8 controlled environment, 116,000 ft2 (10,700 m2), 17 extruders with 12 lines, 75 molding presses and a dedicated R&D laboratory. Every one of our medical device manufacturing, assembly and support services has quality at its core. Our highly collaborative, end-to-end, medical device process validation ensures quality without sacrificing product performance.
The Program Manager is primarily responsible to lead, plan and drive execution of significant projects, such as new product programs, cost reduction initiatives and other operational improvement projects. Leads cross-functional teams including operations, engineering, quality and sales to develop project scope, timeline and budget. Drives the use of project management tools to assure successful completion of projects.
What you will do:
- Provide a focal point for project planning process, tools and communication.
- Establish standard processes for developing, managing and tracking project plans.
- Utilize Microsoft Project, or similar, to create and track project plans, manage timelines, build action items and assign responsibilities to achieve project milestones.
- Leads cross-functional project teams throughout the project from overall project planning through execution.
- Report status, and document lessons learned in an efficient manner.
- Work with management team to appropriately staff projects and identify misaligned priorities.
- Promote use of tools and processes to drive improvement in overall schedule performance and accountability.
- Report project status to cross-functional team members, management and customers.
- Understand and follow the Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of experience in project management in a Program Management Office. Preferably certified in project management (PMP or PMI).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Project, problem solving techniques and/or other data-driven skill sets.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet delivery dates in a fast-paced customer manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (preferred)
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to change, and possess a high degree level of integrity and “can do attitude”.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Operates on a high level of initiative and creativeness, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
Vesta is located in Franklin WI, a growing community of 35,000 people that is located in the Southeastern portion of Wisconsin, approximately 15 miles south of Milwaukee, WI and about 60 miles north of Chicago, Il. The Southeastern portion of Wisconsin is bordered on the east by Lake Michigan, a Great Lake that has fantastic fishing and boating opportunities. The City of Milwaukee is a diverse community with many ethnic festivals that occur almost every weekend from June until September. Starting with the last week in June until the second weekend in July, the Henry Maier Festival Park, hosts Summerfest, one of the largest outdoor music festivals, highlighted by the Marcus Amphitheater, which hosts Main Stage concerts every evening. Milwaukee is also the home to Harley Davidson, the Harley Museum and Harley Davidson Bike fest every 5 years. If you are into professional sports, Milwaukee is home to the Milwaukee Brewers, who play at Miller Park, the Milwaukee Bucks who are building a new area and the Green Bay Packers are within 2 hours driving distance from Milwaukee.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Milwaukee </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Program Manager, Engineer, Manager, Laboratory, Fabrication, Management, Engineering, Science, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/517996100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>