Lubrizol Silicone Molding Engineer in Franklin, Wisconsin
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin, US, 53132
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Req ID: 44567
Vesta, part of Lubrizol LifeSciences, offers custom medical manufacturing services, including precision thermoplastic and silicone extrusion as well as comprehensive silicone fabrication from its ISO 13485 certified facilities. Vesta capitalizes on more than 40 years’ experience, leveraging expertise in design assistance, material selection and quality compliance to enable our customer’s success.
Vesta has served as a trusted medical device outsourcing partner for four decades, delivering innovative solutions in molding, extrusion and assembly. Our Franklin, Wisconsin location includes ISO 7 certified clean room, ISO 8 controlled environment, 116,000 ft2 (10,700 m2), 17 extruders with 12 lines, 75 molding presses and a dedicated R&D laboratory. Every one of our medical device manufacturing, assembly and support services has quality at its core. Our highly collaborative, end-to-end, medical device process validation ensures quality without sacrificing product performance.
The Silicone Molding Engineer is primarily responsible to provide technical and engineering leadership in the development, validation and execution of molding programs. He/She will have primary responsibility for introducing new high volume molding programs to the business assuring safety, quality, repeatability and efficiency. Additionally, improve existing processes, develop new and cost effective manufacturing concepts as well as train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
What you will do:
- Implement high volume molding programs ensuring that cost, quality and capacity needs are met.
- Act as subject matter expert in the areas of high cavitation tooling, cold runner, automated molding and controls.
- Provide technical assistance, process development and engineering support to the manufacturing floor.
- Train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
- Support flawless launch activities through active participation in FMEA, PFD, part and tool design reviews, Kaisen and other cross-functional team events.
- Execute validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new product, equipment, tooling and processes. Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Champion best practices and state of the art processes for high volume molding within Lubrizol.
- Document lessons learned and report status of all projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Generate, update and implement process documentation, to include PCO’s, operator work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample requests, process, inspection and troubleshooting guides.
- Close assigned CAPA’s in a timely manner.
- Complete project and report status in a timely manner. Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item list and completing milestones.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a bachelor of Science in Engineering with a focus on engineering or polymer science.
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing with hands on responsibility for high volume molding processes.
- Experience in thermoset or thermoplastics molding of medical devices is strongly preferred.
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (strongly preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing (strongly preferred)
Competitive salary with performance based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
Learn about all the cool things we do by watching our Being Essential video!
Vesta is located in Franklin WI, a growing community of 35,000 people that is located in the Southeastern portion of Wisconsin, approximately 15 miles south of Milwaukee, WI and about 60 miles north of Chicago, Il. The Southeastern portion of Wisconsin is bordered on the east by Lake Michigan, a Great Lake that has fantastic fishing and boating opportunities. The City of Milwaukee is a diverse community with many ethnic festivals that occur almost every weekend from June until September. Starting with the last week in June until the second weekend in July, the Henry Maier Festival Park, hosts Summerfest, one of the largest outdoor music festivals, highlighted by the Marcus Amphitheater, which hosts Main Stage concerts every evening. Milwaukee is also the home to Harley Davidson, the Harley Museum and Harley Davidson Bike fest every 5 years. If you are into professional sports, Milwaukee is home to the Milwaukee Brewers, who play at Miller Park, the Milwaukee Bucks who are building a new area and the Green Bay Packers are within 2 hours driving distance from Milwaukee.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Milwaukee </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, CAPA, Chemical Engineer, Materials Science, Engineering, Management, Science </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/498181500/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>