Lubrizol Chemical Operator in Gastonia, North Carolina
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina, US, 28056
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Duties And Responsibilities
- Filtering finished latex from reactors to storage, including: the verification that latex is within all specifications, calculation of correct storage tank capacity, proper sampling and record keeping (valve placement sheets, shift log, filing charts, etc.).
- Manufacture, packaging and shipment of customer bulk orders, including: the calculation of correct tanker outage/inage, inspection of tanker, proper sampling, completion of weight ticket and bill of lading.
- Manufacture, packaging and shipment of customer drum orders, including: proper sampling and labeling, completion of packing list and bill of lading and the proper use of forklift.
- Proper selection and use of pumps, lines, hoses and filtration equipment including: inspection, cleaning and initiating maintenance work requests for defective equipment.
- Daily checks and maintenance of scrubber system including: sampling, draining k/o pots, adjusting flows, changing out solution and recording QC results in log book.
- Storage of raw materials and finished products in an organized and safe manner.
- General housekeeping in process areas.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Operator is expected to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by Team Leader or management.
Experience, Education, Skills and Training
- "C" Operator is an entry level position, previous experience is not required.
- No physical restrictions are permitted. Job duties include lifting 50 lb. bags and climbing stairs and ladders. Must be medically fit to wear a negative pressure respirator.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Basic math skills, reading comprehension and ability to communicate with others.
- Must satisfactorily complete all safety training courses as offered by management.