Lubrizol Data Scientist (PhD Level) in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Data Scientist (PhD Level)
The Statistics & Data Analytics Team
The Statistics & Data Analytics department is a focused team with a proven track record of delivering systems that enable highly effective product development via virtual experimentation, optimization and knowledge discovery. In addition, the team provides data science consulting services to the Lubrizol technical community throughout the world.
You will be part of a cutting-edge data science team that supports Lubrizol’s world class scientists, engineers and business leaders on a global scale.
- Research and implement new statistical, machine learning, and/or optimization approaches
- Create predictive models by mining complex data
- Serve as an internal department mentor and coach on data science problems
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers on statistical matters, understand their needs, and find creative solutions to meet those needs
- PhD in statistics or closely related field
- Method development expertise in advanced modeling or optimization area(s)
- Solid understanding of statistical methods; experience with MCMC and machine learning methods is desirable
- Experience implementing advanced algorithms in R or Python; working knowledge of C/C++ is desirable
- Strong deductive reasoning skills
- Creativity and curiosity with the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of scientists
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent DC Pension Scheme
- Share Incentive Plan
- Bupa Healthcare
- 33 days Annual Leave (Inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Opportunity to develop your career in a globally successful specialty chemical company
- Relocation support may be available.
- Accessible and central location; Derby is a thriving, multi-cultural city with easy access from any location within the UK, free car parking available.
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemistry, Database, Scientific, Scientist, Consulting, Science, Technology, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/512253400/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>