Lubrizol Events Coordinator/Administrator in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Events Coordinator/Administrator – maximum 30 hours per week
Location: Hazelwood, 8 miles from Derby City Centre
Salary: Competitive, with an excellent benefits package.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Events Coordinator to manage the Customer Training courses on site alongside office administration. The role is varied and is working as an integral part of our business site support and customer training team.
As well as providing a high level of effective and efficient administrative support, responsibilities and duties will include:
- Organisation of Customer Training courses including planning, set-up and execution alongside dedicated trainers and our global training team
- Primary point of contact for customers attending training on site including pre-course requirements, logistic planning/booking, direct support during courses
- Primary contact for on-site department
- Co-ordination of key visits
- Processing of department invoices and purchases
- Maintaining department systems
- Participating in department team meetings and associated activities
- Working with a team of site administrators and providing back up as required
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to work independently, plan, implement and coordinate the desired course of action.
- Acts on supervisor’s behalf when appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrates sound analytical judgment.
- Makes continual process improvements.
- Demonstrates creative, innovative, and resourceful approaches to solving problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to new assignments, establishes a network of peers and work process members (often at different LZ locations).
- Actively seeks out to help balance work load throughout site.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and other MS Office packages are required. Proficiency with other software packages such as SAP is an advantageous.
- Has an understanding of procedures and Quality Systems in a work environment.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills (including phone skills).
- Understands business drivers, company culture and past practices and application to Lubrizol as well as in-depth knowledge of policies and practices would be desirable.
- Minimum ‘C’ GCSE’s in English and Maths.
- Typically, 2-5 years recent, relevant experience.
In return we offer our staff a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme, flexible working, share incentive plan, Bupa Healthcare, 33 days Annual Leave pro-rata (Inclusive of Bank Holidays) and an opportunity to develop your career in a globally successful specialty chemical company.
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Bank, Banking, Clerical, ERP, Administrative Assistant, Administrative, Finance, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/527220100/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>