Lubrizol General Assistant in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
General Assistant - Facilities
Salary up to £20,000 dependant on skills and experience + excellent benefits package
Location, Hazelwood, Derby, DE56 4AN
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to join the Facilities team at our Hazelwood, Derbyshire Site.
The successful candidate will carry out a variety of general duties, mainly manual tasks. This will ensure that the site runs effectively and efficiently at all times, and you will provide a high level of services to all internal and external customers across our site.
In this role you will…
- Carry out duties in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with company HS&E policies, practices and safe working procedures.
- Always observe good housekeeping and work practises at all times.
- Provide support for the operational requirements of the site by the completion of defined tasks and additional duties / tasks as they are presented to the Facilities department.
- Support and assist technicians and contract tradesmen with site based projects as required.
- Ensure that the removal, segregation and correct disposal of multiple waste streams from laboratories, mechanical tests and offices.
- Be involved with the operation of machinery and facilities vehicles following successful training / instruction.
- Be able to provide call out cover as requested as part of the team to support emergency, environmental or operational requirements
You will have…
- GCSE level qualifications in Maths, English combined with general labouring skills.
- A valid driving licence, a fork truck qualification would be desirable.
- Basic understanding/skills with PC.
- Good awareness of HSE and Quality Systems in a work environment.
- Able to meet physical demands of the role (i.e. manual handling).
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Forklift, Quality, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/522421800/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>