Lubrizol Indirect Supply Manager in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Indirect Supply Manager
Location: Hazelwood, Derbyshire
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
We are looking to recruit an Indirect Supply Manager who will report to the Procurement Manager.
Responsible for representing Lubrizol and facilitating the procurement of indirect goods and services with £25m annual spend.
The individual will have accountability to procure a broad range of equipment both domestically and internationally, as well as supplies and services at the best value (cost, security, competitive advantage).
In addition, the successful candidate will support and enhance the Procurement organisation objectives through continuous improvements in a manner consistent with corporate policies, procedures and quality standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Act professionally in all work activities in a legal and ethical manner in compliance with applicable laws and support compliance of all corporate policies and regional/local Health, Safety, Environmental and Security practices.
- Work effectively within diverse teams (manufacturing, engineering, facilities, R&D, legal, finance, etc) to deliver optimal total cost of ownership (TCO) and reduce operational risks.
- Assist teams to define commercially viable project scope (functional definition, value analysis) and selection of project execution methodology.
- Market research and identification of capable suppliers or contractors, initiate selection, pre-qualification and approval of new suppliers.
- Collect, analyse, and assure quality and accuracy of spend analysis where applicable.
- Monitor and gather sourcing trends, create category strategies and implement identified opportunities.
- Develop, issue and manage both the internal Request for Information (RFI) and external RFI, Request for Quote, and Request for Proposal processes for the selection of goods and services.
- Monitor and improve supplier performance and value.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to eliminate problems and deliver efficiencies.
- Train and educate others about purchasing process.
- Have Supervisory responsibilities, provide constructive feedback for performance reviews.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent in supply chain, business administration, logistics, finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or other technical degree.
- Possess 5 or more years' experience in procurement or procurement related functions.
- Be fluent in English with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a team player with the ability to relate well with individuals at various levels, inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrate analytical and organisational skills.
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be proficient with SAP / ARIBA
In return we offer our staff a competitive salary, excellent pension scheme, flexible working, share incentive plan, Bupa Healthcare, 33 days Annual Leave pro-rata (Inclusive of Bank Holidays) and an opportunity to develop your career in a globally successful specialty chemical company.
Closing Date: May 31st 2019
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Logistics, Supply, Engineer, ERP, Banking, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Finance </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/555750200/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>