Lubrizol Mechanical Engineering Technician in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, Hazelwood,
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Hazelwood, Derbyshire, DE56 4AN
Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Mechanical Engineering team at Lubrizol’s European Test Facility at Hazelwood near Derby. As a Mechanical Technician you will be involved in a wide range of mechanical engineering activities building and fabricating automotive test rigs, and maintaining associated plant services. Ensuring the safe, timely and accurate completion of mechanical engineering work whilst maintaining excellent customer service
- Support the installation of automotive test rigs utilising a range of technical skills including bench fitting and assembly, fabrication, welding and machining.
- Solve complex problems and deliver effective solutions
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance of plant infrastructure such as processed water and air handling systems.
- Suggest and implement improvements with a proactive and creative approach.
- Provide input on project timing, material ordering and other resources.
- Interpret technical drawings.
- Be an active team player and deputise for the supervisor as required.
- Interact appropriately with work group, test engineers and customers
- Adhere and promote compliance with company HS&E policies, practices and procedures and suggest areas for improvement.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths
- Completed a recognized apprenticeship with industrial experience
- Possess as a minimum City & Guilds Certificate (or equivalent) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Experience in bench fitting and assembly work
- Experience fabrication including welding techniques such as MMA (Arc), MIG or TIG
- Knowledge of Mechanical procedures and mechanical machinery
- An awareness of safety legislation and procedures and quality systems
- Competent in general machining with CNC experience desirable
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Maintenance, Welding, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/494877000/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>