Lubrizol Procurement Placement Student in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Role: Procurement/Purchasing Student Placement
At Lubrizol, we have a growing student community in the UK with over 30 placements each year across a number of roles. As a purchasing assistant, you will be part of a small team of skilled professionals which services varied purchasing requirements for Equipment, Supplies, and Services principally at the Hazelwood site.
What you will be doing
- Liaising with internal customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Sourcing suppliers to meet the needs and requirements of our internal customers and negotiating to ensure the best possible price and guarantees
- Working closely with the Stores department on stock level replenishment, timely and accurate deliveries and ensuring the quality of all deliveries
- Processing goods receipts: invoices, queries and resolutions to assist the finance department
- You will be responsible for ensuring our systems, which support processes, are up to date and contain the correct, relevant information
What you will need
- Studying towards business or marketing related degree including a year in industry, achieving a 2:1 or above
- Able to handle multiple tasks and appropriately manage priorities, whilst completing work within target dates
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and related common business software
- Keen interest in commercial aspects of business along with an enthusiasm for a building collaborative relationships
We know that Lubrizol is not a common household name, so it may surprise you to know that our products and technologies are in the things that you use every day- from surfaces and fluids in the vehicles you drive, to shampoo, medicines, to the clothes that you wear.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, combines our unique chemistry expertise, formulation and applications capabilities, and market insights to positively impact the lives of our customer’s end users around the globe.
What we can offer you
- £18,000 annual salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Potential to support final year project
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on site restaurant facility
- Free Car Parking
- Christmas Buffett and Hamper
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Intern, Logistics, Procurement, Bank, Banking, Entry Level, Operations, Finance </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/504186500/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>