Lubrizol Regulatory Compliance Manager, EU in Hazelwood, United Kingdom
Location: Hazelwood, Derby, GB, DE56 4AN
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Regulatory Compliance Manager, EU: Job Description
Ensure Lubrizol products comply with the applicable chemical control and marketing application regulations in the EMEAI region enabling compliant sales and distribution of our products.
Lead product regulatory compliance activities for all businesses to ensure compliance with chemical control laws and marketing application regulations including biocides for the region. Provides strategic value-added regulatory compliance guidance to businesses to ensure compliance and to enable commercialization of new products/technology in a timely and effective manner.
The role requires expert knowledge of global chemical control regulations combined with chemistry knowhow, awareness of business strategies/processes/supply chains and strong competence in internal/external systems to establish compliance to meet the corporation’s Ethical and Legal Conduct guidelines.
Manage and lead the team of regional product compliance specialists. Monitor, develop and implement product regulatory compliance strategies and programs to ensure compliance with all regional chemical control laws for new and existing substances, where possible adding value to product commercialization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage strategic regulatory compliance activities for the corporation in the assigned region.
- Train, develop, and manage team of product compliance specialists.
- Lead or support compliance process development or optimization to ensure effective compliance management and business supports for the region
- Lead the team to complete new and existing chemical notifications and application registrations to gain regulatory clearance for the import, manufacture, and/or use of new and existing chemistry and products to enable business growth
- Proactively identify and resolve potential product compliance issues, consistent with the corporation’s Ethical and Legal Conduct Guidelines, to minimize impact on manufacture and sale of products
- Lead the team to provide regulatory guidance/consultancy to business and R&D organizations in the region on compliance strategies for new and existing products;
- Lead the team to build up capability to proactively monitor, evaluate business impact, and communicate new and amended legislation and regulations
- Lead the team to participate in regional trade associations to influence adoption of best practices in chemical regulatory advocacy programs critical to Lubrizol business success
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD or MS degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related scientific discipline and more than 5 years’ experience in a regulatory discipline or having other relevant industrial experience; BS degree with more than 8 years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience in product regulatory compliance management, especially EU REACH compliance
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the businesses supported including chemistry, product lines, markets served, business strategies, and business processes
- Proven leadership skills both within and external to team
- Project management experience and Results driven
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a global team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately manage priorities for self and organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computer relational databases and common business related computer software programs such as SAP
- Knowledge of related fields of hazard communication, transportation regulations, and toxicology is a plus
The European marketing and technical centre Lubrizol Hazelwood supports an extensive range of clients and Original Equipment Manufacturers across the globe.
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting around 8 miles from Derby City centre. With a vibrant and constantly growing list of things to do and see, the city offers something to suit all tastes. Be it lively nights out, a thriving live music scene (Derby recently won the title of ‘the city of festivals!’) an abundance of shops and restaurants, or indeed, getting involved in sports at the Ipro Arena, or the newly opened Velodrome, the choice is endless. If you prefer more peaceful surroundings the beautiful Peak District is right on the doorstep, offering amazing scenery, idyllic country pubs, and fantastic opportunities for outdoor pursuit enthusiasts.
You will find that Lubrizol offer a wealth of career and development opportunities. We employ the very best talent and strive to offer our employees the opportunity to grow and learn.
There is something for everyone who lives and work here……
To learn and see what it is like to work here at Lubrizol Hazelwood, please view our video.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Toxicology, Engineer, Law, Legal, Science, Engineering </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/524847000/?locale=en_GB" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>