Lubrizol Regulatory Specialist in Lewisville, Texas
Location: Lewisville, Texas, US, 75057
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Regulatory Specialist leads the preparation of documentation and responses to customer inquiries and submission for regulatory approvals, provides interpretation of regulatory changes, offers technical expertise on current standards as well as industry best practices and acts independently to identify and resolve problems. Provides regulatory guidance to cross-functional partners and demonstrates strategic thinking and creativity in support of company programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and maintain cosmetic regulatory documents for raw materials and finished products such as SDS, product composition statements, regulatory summary, etc. within set lead times.
- Input and update regulatory and product information into database applications and archives.
- Interface with multiple departments and customers for data collection, status updates, etc.
- Write technical documents, such as procedures and work instructions.
- Assist with selection and approval of raw material and suppliers.
- Log incoming regulatory requests, maintain status as requested, and provide appropriate information.
- Update current documents as legislation and business needs evolve.
- Interpret regulations and ensure regulatory changes are communicated to the necessary departments.
- Provide technical expertise on current standards, industry best practices, cosmetic regulations (FDA, Regulation EC No. 1223/2009), approved cosmetic claims (according to FDA and other national legislations), and company policies/practices as they apply to company products (cosmetic raw materials and finished goods).
- Track and trend department performance according to set key performance indicators (KPIs) and report to management.
- Respond to customer inquiries/questionnaries and requests.
- Assist with any other projects or company responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or science-related field
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of regulatory experience in cosmetic field.
- Botanical and herbal products experience. Expertise in cosmetic products containing herbal ingredients.
- Attention to detail in analyzing, reporting, and document creation.
- Experience in electronic document management systems and data base entry.
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently as well as within a group, with minimal supervision in a less structured environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have excellent work habits, quick learner skills, easy to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Understanding project management principles relative to new regulation changes to include training/communication throughout the organization regarding revised legislation.
- Working knowledge of Nagoya Protocol, GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals), and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals).
- Knowledge of and experience with international chemical inventories.
- Experience in a cGMP environment.
- Good knowledge of SAP as user.
- Experience in current standards of sustainability and naturality in cosmetic field (ISO 16128, COSMOS, …).
- Knowledge of Coptis Lab software.
Located 25 miles outside of Dallas, Texas, Lewisville is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States. Known as the “City of Expanding Horizons”, Lewisville is a flourishing suburb and a recreational hub for the DFW community, offering Lewisville Lake, a 30,000 acre mecca for those who count boating and fishing amongst their hobbies. Lewisville is not only for those who enjoy outdoor activities; the city also offers a diverse population, who has created a burgeoning dining and arts community. The ML Grand Theater located in Lewisville’s charming Old Town provides a venue for the areas various artistic performances. In addition to several libraries and parks, Lewisville also boasts a thriving golf community, with several golfing facilities catering to all skill levels. If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, just hop on the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) A-Train, which links Lewisville to Dallas in one convenient and affordable ride. Dallas is one of the most exciting and economically lucrative metropolises in the US. One can enjoy the world-renowned Dallas Museum of Art, as well as the unique and historical Deep Ellum and Bishop Arts District neighborhoods. Once done perusing art, one cannot miss paying a visit to the upscale Galleria Dallas. Featuring over 200 stores and an ice skating rink, the Galleria has something to engage the entire family. When famished from shopping, Dallas offers some of the best-rated steak restaurants in the country. But if beef is not your forte, there are plenty of fusion restaurants serving fare as diverse as the city‘s population. With its thriving economy, temperate weather, vast array of activities and close proximity to DFW International Airport, working professionals will find a welcome home in Lewisville.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Dallas <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Fort Worth </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemical Research, Regulatory Affairs, Law, ERP, Plumbing, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Manufacturing </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/528156700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>