Lubrizol Global Technology Applications Lead in Midland, Michigan
Location: Midland, Michigan, US, 48642
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
CPI Fluid Engineering, a division of The Lubrizol Corporation, is a world leader in synthetic compressor lubricants. CPI connects the best of both worlds – the production capabilities and technical resources of major equipment and lubricant manufacturers with the flexibility and responsiveness of a service-oriented organization. Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The Global Technology and Applications Lead is responsible for leading, planning and executing the technical day to day relationship between Product Management and it’s most important key customer(s) while providing input/insight to the longer term strategic Product Manager Management Team. The Global Technology and Applications Lead is responsible for delivering and maintaining the technical conduit to exceed customer expectations. As a technical leader for a key accounts/OEMs, the Global Technology and Applications Lead and their support staff engage in a variety of customer focused activities that include project management, coordination and collaboration, problem solving, technical leadership and technical innovation.
- Provide strategic direction for the technology and product development programs for the compressor lubricant business
- Determine specific OEM/Customer product requirements and liaison with OEM technical teams and CPI Applications technology teams to deliver appropriate products.
- Participate in key external activities to promote CPI Fluid Engineering as a global technology leader and represent CPI strategies and needs to the Industry.
- Provide leadership in solving customer complex field/product development programs.
- Provide leadership in mentoring application engineers and applications lab.
- Compressor lubrication technology.
- Plan and manage the business segment technology offering, support strategic product managers in aligning development efforts with the strategic direction of the segment/region.
- Communicate customer needs to Technical Services group personnel, Research Sciences and Mechanical Testing group to support direct customer needs as needed.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the market trends as well as CPI’s products, manufacturing platforms and business practices.
- Play a key role maintaining and cultivating external technical relationships such as with refrigeration OEMs and other customers.
- Manage and grow CPI’s technology base that will allow corporate growth and profitability objectives to be met.
- CPI Industry ambassador.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and a thorough understanding of CPI Quality Systems, policies and organization.
- Conduct all activities including supervisory responsibility in a professional manner that fosters safety and a productive work environment.
- Maintain a high work ethic (timelines/punctuality) and abide by LZ legal and ethical guidelines as well as LZ T&E guidelines.
- The position reports to the Technology Applications and Services Director.
- To be successful as Global Technology and Applications Lead, the employee must be able to respond quickly and concisely to customer needs, identify and communicate technical needs to support customer and market trends to enable CPI to be successful now and in the future. Excellent technical and people skills are a must.
Essential Job Functions, Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to global refrigeration and industrial compressor business strategies and tactical plans.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and identification of market trends, ensuring the business is able to capitalize on changing market dynamics.
- Participate in driving innovation that are in line with these market changes.
- Support the Account/ Business Managers through the development and delivery of technical data and presentation material.
- Manage Application engineers and provide direction to the Application Test laboratory.
- Establish strong technical relationships with OEMs and customers.
- Drive projects for OEM accounts with the customer, R&D and Business/Account Managers.
- Provide quarterly status report to executive business team on market dynamics and changing market conditions.
- Work closely with R&D to support product development.
- Publish papers in peer reviewed journals or other professional forums.
- Travel locally and internationally as appropriate.
- BS degree in chemistry or engineering minimum.
Experience and Skills
- 5-7 years of direct experience in the refrigeration/HVAC industry
- Solid understanding of refrigeration technology and lubricants with direct experience at refrigeration OEMs or refrigerant gas makers a plus
- Strong data analysis skills, ability to understand complex problems and provide creative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and people
- Knowledge of commonly used software
- Self-starter with ability to publish and track record of publications is a plus
Midland, Michigan offers a great quality of life with a mix of small-town America character blended with big-city opportunities. Our residents enjoy artistic, cultural and recreational opportunities fit for communities many times our size – all with the convenience and charm of a county of 83,000 people. There is so much more to see and experience right here in Midland County and we invite you to experience this great quality of life that Midland has to offer.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Midland Michigan <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Saginaw </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Engineer, Product Development, Developer, Engineering, Research, Quality, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/524144100/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>