Lubrizol Associate Head - Admin, South Asia in Mumbai, India
Location: Mumbai, India, IN, 400079
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Title : Associate Head - Admin
Division : Lubrizol Advanced Materials India Pvt. Ltd. India
Department : Admin
Location : Vikhroli West, Mumbai, India
Direct Reports : 3
Reporting to : Managing Director, South Asia
Provide leadership for the admin function. Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the office. This includes infrastructure and facilities management, utilities, scheduling maintenance of the office’s equipment and facilities, managing ancillary functions viz. housekeeping, security, employee services, supervising the working relationship with external service providers for travel, courier management etc. that are necessary to support business operations. Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
Member of the South Asia Leadership.
Identifying and delivering following aspects:
- Wholly responsible for upkeep and day to day facilities management of office
- Responsible for direct Admin purchases which may include (but are not restricted to) office equipment’s, stationery & consumables.
- Verifying the cost parameters & cost comparisons while doing the procurement
process, ability to do cost validations & analysis.
- Obtaining required government permits/licenses/renewals as needed to run the facility - Ensure that the facility is fully complaint meeting all laid down norms by government authorities from time to time.
- Able to supervise and manage the process of repair & maintenance of office equipment, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Keeping the close track on AMC services for their on-time renewals & services
- Responsible for developing and streamlining systems to enhance operational / administrative effectiveness and meet operational costs within cost, timelines and quality parameters
- Developing Checklists and SOP’s for all infrastructure and facilities activities
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Vendor Management (agencies, contractors, suppliers etc.)
- Manage leasing of facility space
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, housekeeping, stationery supplies, etc.
- Supervising housekeeping and other admin staff and managing the schedules (added advantage if candidate have experience in handling contract staff)
- Supervising hotel and travel bookings, assistance and coordination
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Responsible for development, implementation and administration of infrastructure to optimize resources and capacity utilization.
- Responsible for development of local talent in support functions as part of regional leadership (SALT)
- Lead the safety council at the Mumbai Business and Technology Centre and conduct activities to promote a safe culture
- Responsible for infrastructure maintenance and related projects execution viz. refurbishment of office / labs / construction and setting up new office (ensure smooth transition)
- Partner and support business during outbound business exhibitions / fairs as needed
Requirements - Education, Experience & Skills:
- Graduation in any stream
- Min. 15 years of Administration experience with multinational company
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Demonstrated track record of team/people management is must
- Process and system oriented
- Well versed with the admin functions
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and have experience directing others.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving ability
- An ardent desire and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Should be highly accountable for work profile.
- Open Communication
- Focus on Customers
- Drive Results
About Us : Lubrizol Advanced Materials India Private Limited (LZAM) is part of The Lubrizol Corporation a Berkshire Hathaway company, an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets.
LZAM South Asia is having diverse business segments and plants in India and is responsible for business development of ingredients and additives for personal care products and pharmaceuticals; specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of specialty resins and additives. Lubrizol’s industry-leading technologies in additives, ingredients and compounds enhance the quality, performance and value of customers’ products, while reducing their environmental impact.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Electrical, Chemical Research, Business Development, Clerical, Administrative Assistant, Engineering, Sales, Administrative </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/568671600/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>