Lubrizol Associate Technical Head - Personal & Home Care, South Asia & Middle East in Mumbai, India
Location: Mumbai, India, IN, 400079
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Job Title: Associate Technical Head – Personal & Home Care, South Asia & Middle East
Date: 17 January 2019
Reports To: Business Director – Personal & Home Care, South Asia & Middle East
Division: Lubrizol Advanced Materials India Private Limited
Location: Mumbai, India
Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this job is to guide and lead the technical team to create value propositions through technical solutions for the customer and thereby accelerating the business growth in Personal and Home Care for South Asia & Middle East. Also, responsible to train the technical and non-technical team and key stakeholders on the product.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the Technical Service & Application lab budget for South Asia & Middle East
- Lead administrative (e.g. budget, capital,) projects as needed
- Measure/ Report / Analyze revenue generated from Lab projects. Track ROI.
- Contributes in Global technical projects by driving new product application development and assessment of existing products
- Initiates & leads region specific application projects which have a bearing on the accelerated growth of the region
- Assign resources and time management based on business priorities
- Foster an environment that encourages innovation, including intellectual property adding value to customers
- Promote safety and ensure compliance to internal and external ethics, regulatory health, safety and environmental policies.
- Engage with internal and external customers to deliver technical products or solutions to market needs.
Product & Solutions Development:
- Support Lubrizol’s products development by assessing them in regional formulations
- Promote Lubrizol’s products to sales people, regional customers and distributors by organizing trainings and seminars.
- Engage closely with Marketing to identify and evaluate new, high value opportunities.
- Use focused development tools such as PPMP, research database, etc. to accelerate projects
- Lead and manage a technical team, including recruiting, development, coaching and talent management
- Identify and develop technical competencies and capabilities (internal and external)
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- PhD in Polymer Science with Master’s Degree in Chemistry background
- Minimum 12 years’ experience of R&D (Formulations) in cosmetics, personal care and home care industry
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills (interview will include a presentation)
- Experienced team manager with excellent interpersonal abilities and a strong drive for results through individual and collaborative efforts
- Willing and able to travel 30% of the time (3 days per week on average)
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships / Collaboration
- Focus on Customers
- Seek new and better approaches to their work
- Engage and influence
- Develop Talent
About Us : Lubrizol Advanced Materials India Private Limited (LZAM) is part of The Lubrizol Corporation a Berkshire Hathaway company, an innovative specialty chemical company that produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets.
LZAM South Asia is having diverse business segments and plants in India and is responsible for business development of ingredients and additives for personal care products and pharmaceuticals; specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of specialty resins and additives. Lubrizol’s industry-leading technologies in additives, ingredients and compounds enhance the quality, performance and value of customers’ products, while reducing their environmental impact.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Chemical Research, Materials Science, Chemical Engineer, Engineer, Law, Engineering, Science, Legal </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/533707700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>