Lubrizol Continuous Improvement and Training Superintendent in Painesville, Ohio
Location: Painesville, Ohio, US, 44077
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol Additives is a pioneering global supplier of chemical additives technologies including additives for engine oils, driveline applications, gasoline and diesel fuel, other transportation related fluids and industrial lubricants. We are committed to providing value to our customers, and we understand that success comes from working together. The Lubrizol Additives team is passionate about what we do. Our customers count on us for trusted expertise, testing confidence, supply assurance and independent strength. We are looking for top talent to help inspire new ideas, create opportunities and enable the advancement of innovative technologies. We offer abundant opportunities for career growth in a challenging, collaborative environment. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Learn more about how we are achieving Success Together.
Job Summary: To lead and support site efforts to build and maintain a continuous improvement (CI) culture through the use of Operations Reliability Management System (ORMS)/CI principles, methodologies and tools. The CI culture will be foundational to help drive maturation of plant performance in safety, quality, supply reliability, organizational engagement, and unit operating income.
To support the effective and efficient operations of the Painesville Plant by leading Training Team activities. Team activities include providing new employee and contractor orientation/training as well as functional training to Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Operations Support personnel. This role also ensures the Training Center facilities, training programs and training curriculum meet the needs of the organization.
Drive Site Continuous Improvement (CI) Culture and Systematic Process Build-up for the Painesville Plant. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for development of the site CI management system. This includes:
- Site-wide standards for program implementation. Standards can include communication/sharing plans, training, roles/responsibilities, technical standards/procedures, metrics, etc.
- LSW, 5S and Core Problem Solving Process Owner and Steering Committee Lead.
- Work with manager and plant leadership to develop, track and drive the yearly site-wide plan and site CI maturity plan. Examples of potential plan elements:
- Leader Standard Work
- Core Problem Solving
- Managing Daily Improvement – KPI Cascade, Visualization, Tiered Meetings
- Autonomous Maintenance Program. (TPM)
- Targeted Rapid Improvement Effort (Value Stream) Projects
- Lead efforts for internal/external communication of the CI program including demonstrated savings, employee/team recognition and impact to plant goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement a long-term site strategy for CI skill development and training ensuring that skills/mindset are embedded in operating groups and that we transition from a consultant driven model to an internally driven model.
- Develop and manage yearly OPEX budget for CI/Training activities. Examples include consultant expense, training requirements, T&E and recognition.
- Develop one’s knowledge, skills and abilities to become Painesville’s in-house expert on CI tools and methodologies. The CI Superintendent will serve as trainer and facilitator for targeted activities.
- Collaborate with Global Manufacturing Services and other plants to understand best practices and positive CI outcomes. Allocate Manufacturing Services and/or consultant resources as needed. Integrate relevant learnings to the site as applicable. Participate in other site ORMS gap assessments as requested.
Drive Effective Management and Continuous Improvement of New Employee and Operational Training Facilities, Programs and Curriculum for the Painesville Plant. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute activities of the Training Department to ensure timely and effective completion of high quality training. Maintain records of training provided by the department.
- Facilitate the Training Steering Committee.
- Determine training needs through periodic assessments and/or through direct communications with other departments. Set short and long term departmental goals and objectives based on training needs.
- Develop or procure and deliver training to fulfill needs and meet objectives.
- Evaluate the understanding, effectiveness and quality of training provided by the department and ensure training within departments is aligned. Administer improvements where needed.
- Ensure adequate Training Center capabilities are in place to provide appropriate training to new employees and Operational workforce. Identify improvement opportunities and integrate needs to the facility capital plan.
- Support the overall HSE&S performance of the Painesville Plant, providing visible leadership.
- Monitor, encourage and assist in the development of direct reports and facilitate high quality training and professional development opportunities within the department. Maintain honest and open communication to foster a good working environment and culture.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry or similar field of study from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HSES, quality, LEAN, manufacturing or other operational roles.
- Solid communication, facilitation and project management skills.
- Competencies: Focus on Customers, Engage & Inspire, Open Communication, and Collaboration
Considered a Plus:
- Experience in organizational, cultural and technical change management.
- Experience in tiered problem solving and Operational Excellence / Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Certificates in Adult Education and Training, Corporate Education and Training, or Training Development.
- Must be willing/able to work in a plant environment. Ability to wear all required PPE.
- Must be able/willing to be exposed to inclement weather while moving throughout the plant
during the work day as required.
- Work is performed within a controlled environment; noise levels in some areas require hearing protection
- Some travel (< 10%) needed to other LZ sites and for CI training, ORMS gap assessments, best practices sharing, etc.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Cleveland <br /><strong>Nearest Secondary Market: </strong>Akron </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Training, Engineer, Developer, Supply, Facilities, Operations, Engineering, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/558468900/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>