Lubrizol Project Engineer in Pedricktown, New Jersey
Location: Pedricktown, New Jersey, US, 08067
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The role of the Project Engineer is to provide multifaceted engineering support for the manufacture of Acrylic Emulsions. The Project Engineer will be responsible for working on plant projects with goals to:
- Improve safety performance by reducing safety risks through identification and hazard analysis. Safety is a core value of the Lubrizol company.
- Continue environmental performance by maintaining and improving upon the mechanical integrity program, a major component for OSHA’s Process Safety Management and for compliance against NJDEP’s Toxic Catastrophic Prevention Act. Environmental performance also requires maintaining a maintenance Risk Management Plan that anticipates and prevents maintenance related risks.
- Perform life cycle cost analyses on critical equipment to make capital recommendations on new installations and help define long-term capital plan.
- Drive reductions in plant operating expense by delivering improved equipment reliability, improved preventative maintenance systems, and delivering improved process systems to increase productivity.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the plant to reduce cost, improve productivity, operate more efficiently, and strive to reduce nonvalue added activities.
- Assist the plant manager to implement the capital plan for the plant and will work with and provide support to the Manufacturing Manager, the Process Engineer and the plant maintenance group.
- Prepare and submit requests for capital funding. This request includes a detailed scope, cost estimate, Health/Safety/Environmental & Security impact report, Management of Change Document, and any other required document. Manage the budgeting and project timing to assure projects are completed at or below budget and on time.
- The project engineer (in full partnership with the operations team) develops a plan to eliminate or reduce losses through root cause analyses and core problem solving, obtains approval of the plans, and facilitates the implementation.
- Collaborate with the operations team on process improvement opportunities and determine the specific project needs required to achieve these improvements.
- Generate and/or modify P&ID’s, making process calculations to size required equipment, preparing equipment specifications for quotes, making equipment selections for purchase.
- Actively participate in plant safety systems; Perform Near Miss and Incident reporting; Perform safety and housekeeping audits, assist and/or lead in incident investigation. Be a key contributor in continuous improvement of the plant safety program and standard safety documents.
- Provide maintenance support and review for annual safety and environmental audits from internal and external groups as well as total quality audits requested by regulatory auditors and customers.
- Drive the plant’s Process Safety Management program, Management of Change program, aid in the Responsible Care program and assist with NJ DEP TCPA compliance. This includes coordinating tank inspections and the plant’s mechanical integrity program.
- Assist the maintenance department regarding recordkeeping for critical items such as relief devices and quality critical maintenance records. Also maintain maintenance procedures for the plant’s ISO 9002 compliance and for RCMS compliance.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years of years of engineering experience including sizing and specifying process equipment and having worked at least 3 years at a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Familiarity with unit operations and the ability to learn and understand the intricacies of specific chemical process operations.
- Ability to follow several projects at the same time keeping them all on schedule and controlling project costs.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and chemical systems. This role includes the use of structured problem solving.
- Computing skills proficiency include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Computing skills with SAP and AutoCad considered a plus.
- Background in statistical process control and statistical techniques.
- DCS programming or control system programming
- Experience with polymerization chemistry.
The Pedricktown Lubrizol site is located in rural Oldmans Township, NJ. Pedricktown is a very quaint, rural town where locally you can find the Cowtown Rodeo, which is known as “The oldest weekly running rodeo in the USA.” Although it is rural, it is close to many major cities and attractions. Philadelphia, the birthplace of our nation, is only 30 minutes away - home to the Constitution Center, Liberty Bell, and the world-renowned Art Museum where the famous scene from Rocky was shot on the museum steps. Philly is also home to many first-class hospitals and top-tier colleges & universities. It is also known for its bustling night life and restaurants. Philadelphia was named #3 on the “NY Times 52 Places To Go in 2015” list. New York is about 2 hours from Pedricktown – you can either drive there or get there easily by train. New York is widely known for its first-run plays on Broadway, as well as Times Square. Pedricktown is also conveniently located about 90 minutes from Baltimore, MD and 20 minutes from Delaware, which is home to the newly-renovated Wilmington Riverfront. In addition to city attractions, we are located about 2-1/2 hours from the Pocono Mountains, which is a great place to ski and snowboard, and less than 2 hours from the Atlantic Ocean with its beautiful white-sand beaches and Atlantic City with its numerous casinos.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Philadelphia </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, ERP, Developer, Engineering, Technology </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/545495700/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div>